Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 New Message Indication

• 17-09-2009 12:09am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since switching my phone to store messages on my Memory Card - it no longer displays a notification shortcut about my new text. Instead it just leaves the message indicator in the corner. Its enabled in the settings.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you tried doing a reboot?

Cant think of anything else bar software reflash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Sully wrote: »
    Since switching my phone to store messages on my Memory Card - it no longer displays a notification shortcut about my new text. Instead it just leaves the message indicator in the corner. Its enabled in the settings.

Any ideas?
    I wouldn't advised storting your messages on your memory card at all because:

1 - Unless it's a Class 6 or 8 memory card (which phones are never included with), it will be much slower to read them (esp. when it builds up).
    2 - Messages only use a very small amount of memory (were talking KB's here) and the phone has plenty of (quick) internal memory.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Switched back to phone memory and it still isnt showing. Whats the latest firmware on this anyway? Think I am up-to-date but may re-install.

The old indicator showed me a little curve with the number of messages on screen. On hovering it indicated how it was from and part of the message. The only indicator I can get now (by turning off "Message Notification" in my home screen) is the old one which takes up the lower half of the screen saying "1 new message". I recall when moving the messages it asked did I want to keep the original - not sure what it meant, but I said Yes.

As for using memory - I had over 2k messages and found opening and reading them slower then usual (still finding that even after removing them). Im nearly sure one of the Nokia techs said to use it over the phone memory but the repair center has been closed the last few days.

Also tried a reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sully wrote: »
    Switched back to phone memory and it still isnt showing. Whats the latest firmware on this anyway?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I formatted my phone to address this problem. The factory reset made no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

While were on the subject of messages, I can't delete emails, the header still reamains, how do you do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

While were on the subject of messages, I can't delete emails, the header still reamains, how do you do it?

You can't fully delete emails when using Nokia's native email client; there are only two options:

- delete on phone and server
    - delete on phone only (header remains)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

that worked, when the emails are marked for deletion and the new emails come in the deleted ones dissapear, problem solved.
    Hadn't used the native clinet because I was afraid i'd end up with a phone full of emails I couldn't delete..

Advertisement