Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to do in Kildare

Options
  • 17-09-2009 12:19am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey guys

any one got any suggestions for what i can do with a 12year old boy who doesnt like the cinema. living in monasterevin so anything within 30km thereabouts would be good

tanx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

dannym08 wrote: »
    hey guys

any one got any suggestions for what i can do with a 12year old boy who doesnt like the cinema. living in monasterevin so anything within 30km thereabouts would be good

tanx in advance

How about drama classes? I know a girl who runs drama classes twice a week in Newbridge.

It's a very cool way for him to meet chicks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

National Stud Kildare Town - Well worth a visit

Bring him out to the Curragh Plains near the Curragh golf club - Huge hills and climbs - kids love it

Kilcullen Kayak Club - look out for kids lessons

Donandea Woods for a walk

Kite flying on the plains - loads of people there at the weekend near Ballymany Roundabout

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

thanks muletide.

i completely forgot about the national stud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

rob cars, definitly.. haha, no joking, go down to the mill in celbridge and see is there anything youd like to take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

He may be a bit too old but Lullymore is a great day out for 0-10 year old for sure ...hidden treasure .Indoor and outdoor play parks including large crazy golf course,'train ride' ,heritage cottages,walks,forests ,pet farm etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

dannym08 wrote: »
    hey guys

tanx in advance

why not try the cyms hall in kildare town , heard they are starting a martial arts class there for juniors otherwise the sports centre in newbridge has classes a couple of nights a week .
    keeps em fit and teaches them to defend themselves too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tomiki

Hi,

Here are some of the clubs in the area,

MONASTEREVIN

GAA, 2
    SOCCER,
    SNOOKER,
    FISHING,
    HISTORICAL
    SCOUTS,
    IRISH DANCING
    AIKIDO,

PORT,
    Port rugby club
    Swimming club,

NEWBRIDGE
    KARATE
    HIP HOP,
    BOXING,
    RUNNING CLUB

Naas

Scuba diving
    karate,
    athletics
    Kendo,
    drama

Just a few around Kildare you might find one of interest
    HAVE FUN

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Don't forget Athy, clubs include:

Soccer
    Football
    Rugby
    Gymnastics, (Sat afternoon)
    Rowing
    Canoeing

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

There's K-Bowl (with pool & air hockey etc) and indoor mini golf beside Toughers between Newbridge & Naas. I was at the indoor mini golf about a year and half ago, it wasn't great to be honest. But it may have changed since. Think 2 adults & 2 kids played it in about 30mins or so : /

Advertisement