Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How you keep someone banned from shop?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Rabies wrote: »
    Because they are :/

If it was a group of scumbag little kids of the depths of Tallaght, they'd be called that.

Calling someone a traveller that is a traveller, isn't a problem.
    Degrading travellers is a problem.

Stealing is stealing. The posters has identified who it was

Well said...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

They where banned awhile ago because we where raising money for a charity, Barretstown, they stole the charity box.
    We called the guardi about it. They arrested the person responsible and where going to take them to court but they paid back money so it was dropped.
    I was unaware if you stole stuff you could just return it and get off. Does this mean if I rob a house and get caught I can just return the stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Change your name to Padraig Nally, wear a name badge and one of these t-shirts

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/left_4_dead_reloading_tshirt-235362236861699590

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cGirl wrote: »
    Why the need to specifically point out that they're travellers?

Maybe they are travellers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

When you see them coming in the door, tell them loudly that they're barred and you're calling the guards over their trespassing on private property.

Nevore wrote: »
    When you see them coming in the door, tell them loudly that they're barred and you're calling the guards over their trespassing on private property.
    This doesn't work as it results in yelling and again being asked why they are barred.
    Also the guards hardly ever come down anymore when we call them to get them out and they know this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Then file for a barring order. Go through the courts and do it officially. The guards have to act on them.

I run a business in the city centre (Dublin) and we've had problems with junkies and travellers before. Cost a couple of hundred to get orders served but apparently word spreads amongst these lowlifes social circle, we haven't had any trouble in 2-3 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

cGirl wrote: »
    No, I'm genuinely curious as to the relevance that has to his post.

Actually it is relevant as the gardai are generally slow to arrive if they know it is a problem that involves a traveller. Which means people who are just doing their jobs are put at risk by an individual/individuals who, in this case, are only in the store to rob.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Do what i used to do, start breaking bottles off the ground...works everytime because they will realise you mean business and crazy as hell...frighten the sh1te outta them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Hire a security guard.
    If the owner is too cheap to hire someone then do they not realise their shop is seen as a soft touch and they are losing a fortune in shoplifting?

Tbh OP, if I was a minimum wage shop worker and had people stealing then why bother confront them?
    You may get a beating if you lose and either way your cheapskate owner doesn't give a **** about your safety.

Make your point to the owner, you're there to serve customers, not chase people out of stores and risk your safety, especially if you're on your own late at night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Be very careful op. I know someone whose whole family was terrorised for a long time 'cos he fell out with a traveller. The guards were no help, many have no fear of the guards.
    A mate of my husbands I'll call John was at a funeral down in Mullingar a few years ago and ended up in a pub where there were two traveller families. A row broke out, John was attacked with a machete and his brother's throat was cut. John ran out onto the street to flag down a car. A squad car just drove past and ignored his pleas for help. Thank God an angel of a woman stopped to pick him up. A doctor happened to be lodging with her so she took him to her house to treat until the ambulance arrived. He nearly died that night, needed about 20 pints of blood as his whole body was seriously lacerated. Both John and his brother survived thank God.
    I'm sure there are some lovely travelling families about but just be warned, there are some dangerous folks about.

Now I'm getting scared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Originally Posted by cGirl
    Why the need to specifically point out that they're travellers?

Because thats whay they were. Duh!

If a bunch of Germans/French/whatever robbed a bank and were caught, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!

If a German/French/whatever crashed a car, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!

If Germans/French/whatever went to a store and shoplifted, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!

I as a reader of text - at least have the kop-on to be able to assess the stated info provided and come to my own conclusions.
    I sure as hell am not going to start hating Germans/French/whatever!
    There is too many going around with too Politically Correct chips on their shoulders! Jeasus!

OP, before I can give you a serious answer, how many times do they still frequent your property?
    Daily, weekly, etc?
    Is there particular times of the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They just plead ignorance, not because they are (although some may be) but because it works.
    Like a child knows that by asking "why?" enough times an adult will break down and go "Feck it, here you go" some adults are the same.

Go on the offence next time, ask "Why do you come here?" and "You have no right!" over and over again. Ignore anything that does not answer your question.
    Walk after them in the shop saying, again over and over: "You are not allowed".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If they were caught and charged by the Gardi(?), have you pursued them in court?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭monoP54

This carry on will never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Biggins wrote: »
    Because thats whay they were. Duh!

If a bunch of Germans/French/whatever robbed a bank and were caught, the newspapers would say they were Germans/French/whatever!
    Yes, but also in this case one of the most important things is that they are travellers, the PC brigade can say "oh they should be all treated the same", but the fact of the matter is the GARDAI do not treat them the same, so this is very relevant to this case. If they were german/french etc there would be no need to add it, it would be just descriptive, but being travellers changes things completely. A similar example would be if the OP said it was a bunch of 6 year olds, who could not be arrested, and had no parents about, who would also be treated differently by the gardai.

They are a law unto themselves since most gardai are scared sh!tless of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

R.O.A.R. signs and a security guard FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

To answer the original question.

I suggest the below. Works for javaboy et al...
    Why wouldn't one work IRL?

Biggins wrote: »
    If they were caught and charged by the Gardi(?), have you pursued them in court?
    The charges where dropped because they paid the money back they stole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement