Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Activity

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

It was alright. Few jumps but nothing to get too excited about, have seen scarier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

I too have seen scarier, but very few better. I thought it was a breath of fresh air. Loved it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Saw it last night, got a good oul scare out of it alright, anyone have any links to the original version? Any links I've clicked on have been removed :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its a grand movies found it nice to watch after the generic horrors of the last few years . Prefered the original ending though the theatrical one is such a cheap scare after such a well made movie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah the ending kinda p1ssed on it really didn't it.. the original was so much more realistic..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

xzanti wrote: »
    Yeah the ending kinda p1ssed on it really didn't it.. the original was so much more realistic..

What was the original ending please? (Can't access YouTube or video sites).

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

LittleBook wrote: »
    What was the original ending please? (Can't access YouTube or video sites).

Thanks
    The police came up to find her sitting by the bed, rocking back and forth, after stabbing him. She snapped out of the trance/connection with the demon, just as they came up, she was holding the knife, and the police shot her dead.

There ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

The alternate endding sounds better but just saw it and its not half as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    There ya go.

So:

Original Ending:
    Micah dies, cops kill Katie
    Alternate/Cinema Release Ending:
    Micah thrown at camera, dies, Katie disappears
    Third Ending:
    Micah dies, Katie kills herself

The other big difference seems to be that they've left out the "film within the film" part, the exorcism, which was very freaky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

COuld that film have been worse? Perhaps...but they'd have to try hard. People jsut laughed at it when it was over :/

It was entertaining when I ignored a lot of the bad parts during it. The fire etc. I did enjoy the style and the interations of the couple. And who hasn't responded to girl screaming about a spider. Terrible ending. It actually spoiled anything the film had going for it. Worst thing I've seen in a cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I watched this film. Alone. At night. In my bedroom.

Scared the fookin beejesus out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Blair Witch was better... which is really saying something. At least Blair Witch has some iconic scenes that are instantly recognizable.

Never really jumped at all, and the whole night time footage got old fast. I suppose if you are one of those people that switches on Big Brother to watch people sleep you'll find it interesting. Overall it was very poor and the only reason it's maintained momentum is hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Any fans of the film want a Paranormal Activity poster and Cinema display to give away! (Display is about 5'6"x4' and in Tallaght!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

m83 wrote: »
    I watched this film. Alone. At night. In my bedroom.

Scared the fookin beejesus out of me!

pretty creepy at night alright...especially when you work night shift...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Watched it with a friend, it the ending where
    yer wan gets shot by the cops

It got a good few scares out of us anyway, everytime it cut back to that bedroom my skin would crawl, they did a good job of building up the suspense as little by little more would happen in the room every night. Other than the actual scares the rest of the film was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Trailer for zee second one:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45621

1 was enough for me, I'm done with it.

Advertisement