Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron Mini 10 for €166.41

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Karoma wrote: »
    You rarely just "throw" OS X on to a netbook. It usually takes a little bit more time and effort to get a workable system.
    Don't bother trying with a 1011, unless it's a 1011v.
    Flash-intensive sites on netbooks (similar to this spec. at least) will work, but usually aren't great (i.e. A little jumpy or sluggish) as it relies on the CPU to do the dirty work.

so is it worth €150 or should i spend a little more and get xp, it will only be used for the net and maybe a little letter writing but nothing else? i think i'd be able to install OS X with the guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jr.Hero

Hey question to anyone who recently got (product) red mini 10v. Basically how's it look in red. One or two pop up from time to time on outlet, just wondering what opinion is on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Jr.Hero wrote: »
    Hey question to anyone who recently got (product) red mini 10v. Basically how's it look in red. One or two pop up from time to time on outlet, just wondering what opinion is on them.

I waited a while to get one in Red... Looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Im trying to get one of these mini 10. Keep refreshing outlet store but never anything.

Is there a particular time when they are most likely to pop up?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There was one this evening but gone within 15 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Fidelis wrote: »
    If you are continuously having bad experiences with Dell, why on earth are you still giving them your money? :confused:

Spend your money elsewhere, try out other laptop vendors, but don't keep touching the electric fence and complaining that it hurts.

You're right, i bought myself a macbook today. You'll here no more complaining from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

cotwold wrote: »
    You're right, i bought myself a macbook today. You'll here no more complaining from me.

Oh I don't know about that :D

Fidelis wrote: »
    Oh I don't know about that :D

A man can dream ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Yeah MacBooks are immune to battery problems cracking cases faulty screens they use entirely different hardware to everyone.

Oh wait they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

+1. I kinda said the same thing earlier. What is he doing with them? :eek:

I only use them for home use, mostly web browsing and word processing so my use has been pretty light. If what you're saying is true Ficus I must have just been really unlucky. As far as I remember all of the initial faults have happened in the first 3 months of owning the machines and bar one occasion the subsequent faults all involved the replaced components.

iggy wrote: »
    Im trying to get one of these mini 10. Keep refreshing outlet store but never anything.

Is there a particular time when they are most likely to pop up?

^anyone?
    Whats the final price with delivery and vat?

do you think the uk site would deliver here? or accept payment from here and deliver to uk? loads on the uk site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I just recieved my mini 1011. It was 194 euro before tax, 236 euro after. So 236 is still pretty good price I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

tinner777 wrote: »
    ^anyone?

How long is a piece of string? The price varies

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

Go back through the thread and check the prices. They do vary depending on specs and also if they have few or many to sell. The prices have also increased since this thread was opened. On average the price should be around €228. At most it should be €240 not worth spending more unless they are top specs. 1011 with Ubuntu are cheapest and 1010 with XP are most expensive.

do you think the uk site would deliver here? or accept payment from here and deliver to uk? loads on the uk site

NO! NO! YES! Don't deliver here. Need a credit card with a registered address in UK. Loads on UK site and much cheaper then here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Good few Netbooks and laptops on the site now......just ordered one myself.:D

whiterebel wrote: »
    Good few Netbooks and laptops on the site now......just ordered one myself.:D

There is a 1010 available but it seems to be on the expensive side. I have seen cheaper but takes ages to get a 1010 so for anyone who wants a 1010 and only a 1010 that will be a good deal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

picked up a 1011 for €217 delivered, not a bad price, someone's xmas pressie but good God their website was dog slow during the process

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Gotta get myself one of these :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

how much is delivery on one of these?

i seem to have got free delivery?? :) €181 for a red one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

Delivery is included in the price. The only extra you pay for is VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

when i go to pay for one it adds 25 euro for delivery and vat aswell so i comes to 242 euro for the 160gb version :confused: If i'm going to have to pay customs on top of that it would be cheaper to buy one in dublin, i saw them advertised for 270 somewhere

when i go to pay for one it adds 25 euro for delivery and vat aswell so i comes to 242 euro for the 160gb version :confused: If i'm going to have to pay customs on top of that it would be cheaper to buy one in dublin, i saw them advertised for 270 somewhere

They seem to be charging for delivery on some netbooks/laptops now. I just checked 2 netbooks and one was charged delivery and the other wasn't. Surprising that the expensive one was charged delivery.

You are better off buying a brand new one made to order from the dell main site.

I didn't quite understand what you mean by pay customs? you say ur in Dublin, and the netbooks usually come from cherrywood in dublin but surely in Ireland so there is no chance of customs. Even if it came from UK or anywhere in the EU there won't be any custom duty.

Same for me for a Black 1011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

whiterebel wrote: »
    Same for me for a Black 1011.
    I presume you're both talking about the ones with the 8GB Solid State Drives? I can't seem to see any 160GB HDD options for less than €217.02 + € 25.83 delivery = Total €242.85 :confused:

peckerhead wrote: »
    I presume you're both talking about the ones with the 8GB Solid State Drives? I can't seem to see any 160GB HDD options for less than €217.02 + € 25.83 delivery = Total €242.85 :confused:

yes i got the 8gb mate

I tried a couple of the SSD 1011's on the Outlet and they both have €25 delivery :(

• Advertisement

there must have been free delivery Wednesday as that's when I got the 1011 with zero delivery charge

oh, go through bethrifty.ie for 2% back, adds up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭pebblesjm

Is anyone else having trouble placing order on outlet site????.....just been on the phone to a very silly sales person who wasted my time and now all the phone lines are closed!!!!

Not on my order from Wednesday, listed as follows on my receipt/screenprint

Inspiron Mini 1011 @ €178.62
    Freight @ 0.00
    VAT @ €38.40

Total €217.02

Is anyone else having trouble placing order on outlet site????

It was crawling when I made my order, unbelievably slow

Fergster wrote: »

I'm always getting €25 delivery added on to my orders. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

dell01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

slave1 wrote: »
    It was crawling when I made my order, unbelievably slow

Its down for a site upgrade now... should be back up soon according to the page displayed.. Hope this will sort out the speed and annoying problems its been experiencing lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah delivery is not included in the price ATM. Dell do special offers on free delivery.

I'd say delivery will be free again just after Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Just picked up a real bargain, dell mini 10, processor, 160 gb hard drive and the rest of the usual stuff for 249$, in the US at the moment can't get over how cheap these netbooks are over here... Works out at around 170 euro, can't go wrong with that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

epopnomis wrote: »
    Just picked up a real bargain, dell mini 10, processor, 160 gb hard drive and the rest of the usual stuff for 249$, in the US at the moment can't get over how cheap these netbooks are over here... Works out at around 170 euro, can't go wrong with that.....

Can u bring a few back?????

So what... you just decided to rub it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭epopnomis

kendragon wrote: »
    Just trying to point out how we get ripped off back home.... Dats all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

kendragon wrote: »

Nice and helpfull ehh. You can also get cheap enough ones on the dell.ie/outlet store and dell.ie/epp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Not having read all the pages but the latest price is €279 :( is there a code to get the €166 price ? if not, is there any netbook available at or about that price ?

http://ireland.dell.com/ie/en/home/Laptops/laptop-inspiron-10/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-inspiron-10&s=dhs&cs=ieepp1

• Advertisement

Just trying to point out how we get ripped off back home.... Dats all.....

Apologies... I was a bit harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Not having read all the pages but the latest price is €279 :( is there a code to get the €166 price ? if not, is there any netbook available at or about that price ?

http://ireland.dell.com/ie/en/home/Laptops/laptop-inspiron-10/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-inspiron-10&s=dhs&cs=ieepp1

Just read the first page, it was in the outlet store dell.ie/outlet and they pop up every so often. Would be hard pushed to get ones for that price anywhere else. The average price of a netbook is around the 300-400 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭paddy2k

I joined the club this week, nabbed myself a Mini 10 8GB SSD with Ubuntu for €206 delivered. They're all in black tho.
    When I opened the box the battery wasn't inserted correctly and almost wrecked it trying to prize the battery out the wrong way.

The custom Ubuntu user interface is great, really slick. It's a pity they don't have it more up to date. It's based on 8.04 and 9.10 has just been released, doing an install myself should be no trouble at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

paddy2k wrote: »
    I joined the club this week, nabbed myself a Mini 10 8GB SSD with Ubuntu for €206 delivered. They're all in black tho.
    When I opened the box the battery wasn't inserted correctly and almost wrecked it trying to prize the battery out the wrong way.

The custom Ubuntu user interface is great, really slick. It's a pity they don't have it more up to date. It's based on 8.04 and 9.10 has just been released, doing an install myself should be no trouble at all.

I stuck win7 on mine yesterday... Missus didn't like Ubuntu n for some reason XP was dog slow... 7 flys along, its great!!

http://www.mydellmini.com/

Some great info there, namely stripping down n installing win7 to take up 3gb

• Advertisement
Advertisement