Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

class reps

Options
  • 17-09-2009 3:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

So what do they do now ? :)
    My friend told me nothing but organising parties but I would like a clearer idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Organise parties (Try and get classmates to meet eachother outside of lecturers)
    Take any complaints students have about lecturers, exams, anything really and contact the lecturers or faculty staff
    Provide a point of contact with the Education and Welfare Officers where necessary
    Attend council and vote on motions etc - class reps should actually vote the way their class wants rather than they do themselves but this is often hard ot achieve in reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    So what do they do now ? :)
    My friend told me nothing but organising parties but I would like a clearer idea

In October they take €20,000 from students, hire a bus & rent out some accomodation down the country, then get wasted.

http://issuu.com/tribune/docs/issue22.3

They can sometimes be spotted decked out in UCDSU hoodies, preferably with their name on it so that they can have a sense of self-importance.

A few actually put in motions, get involved in campaigns, engage with their class...but this is only a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

So just like the real government?

I think mad_lad has a much more realistic view while Jev/N has a much more idealistic view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

hmm..... :) idk i've decided I'm gonna give it a miss,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I haven't and my nominations gone in already,so.VOTE FOR pedro ME!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

mad lad wrote: »
    In October they take €20,000 from students, hire a bus & rent out some accomodation down the country, then get wasted.

http://issuu.com/tribune/docs/issue22.3

They can sometimes be spotted decked out in UCDSU hoodies, preferably with their name on it so that they can have a sense of self-importance.

A few actually put in motions, get involved in campaigns, engage with their class...but this is only a few.

let the anger go, it just burns a hole in you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Grimes wrote: »
    I think mad_lad has a much more realistic view while Jev/N has a much more idealistic view.

More just what they're supposed to do. As Mad Lad said there are a few who actually do things properly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Jev/N wrote: »
    More just what they're supposed to do

Yeah...thats what I said. Idealistic...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

I did it in first year and I wouldn't recommend it. I met the worst people I have ever met and almost lost faith in humanity. I completely lost faith in politicians.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

It seems like a total joke to me. I'm looking forward to having an issue that i need the class rep to help with, be sure to wave when they're carting me of for stabbing them in the throat with my favourite bic pen

I would love to do it but i have no interest in the drinking and/or partying part of it which doesn't leave a whole lot

• Advertisement
Advertisement