Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oily skin/blotchy makeup

• 17-09-2009 4:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have real combination skin like my forehead could be a little dry but also oily. And if i put on my makeup at say 10am by 12.00 it'll be oily, and by 2.30/3.00 itll be blotchy. I dont fancy blotting powder, i used normal Mac powder anyway to stop it going shiny but it still does. Is my answer a primer or what???Any recommendations thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i have the same ! i tried mac studio fix powder & it didnt work at all, started to rub off my nose in no time !
    rimmells clear complexion powder (i use it in translucent) is the best iv tried.
    just lightly dust it all over your face with a powder brush & a little extra to wherever gets most oily.
    i usually have some with me too for when i start to shine again - because its translucent you can top it up when needed without looking too caked.

plus its around €6 :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

A product I use for anti shine is by Gatineau Mateilance - the line is for oily skin and the only place I found it is on strawberrynet.com and on ebay.
    I use the anti-shine lotion and then the shine controlling treatment makeup base and makeup lasts from morning when I apply until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, whereas I used to be like you before - only put it on and its sliding off by time I get to the 11 oclock break.

Try searching for it on ebay...its not too expensive circa 20euro for a product but it is very very good :) They also have it on www.feelunique.com but its a bit more expensive there. Have a good search online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ok, so firstly, make sure the cleanser you are using isn't too harsh, your skin may be being stripped of oil and overcompensating as a result. Put on your mosituriser a good bit of time before you do your make up, perhaps 15mins. Don't overload on the moisturiser, less is more. Use a primer like Smashbox's.

Apply foundation with a brush and use a long-wear foundation. Use a powder to set it, I use Mac's Mineralise Skinfinish Natural.

HTH

Advertisement