Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scimming interior walls

Options
  • 17-09-2009 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭

Some of the interior walls of our 1970's semi d are in pretty poor condition, way beyond the stage where a little pollyfilla would help! They have lots of dents etc...normal wear and tear.
    So I was thinking of getting them scimmed.
    Does anyone know if this would be an expensive job to get a pro in to do it?
    Aside from stripping all paper off the walls is there any other prep I would need to do before the 'scimmer' arrives to do his work?

Finally, any reccomendations on anyone who could do this? I am in dundrum in Dublin.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Some of the interior walls of our 1970's semi d are in pretty poor condition, way beyond the stage where a little pollyfilla would help! They have lots of dents etc...normal wear and tear.
    So I was thinking of getting them scimmed.
    Does anyone know if this would be an expensive job to get a pro in to do it?
    Aside from stripping all paper off the walls is there any other prep I would need to do before the 'scimmer' arrives to do his work?

Finally, any reccomendations on anyone who could do this? I am in dundrum in Dublin.

Thanks!

Depends on the walls. If they needed bonding first to get rid of the major bumps etc then this will add to the price. If they just need skimmed then it shouldn't be too expensive. PM me if you want someone to look at it and give you a price.

Advertisement