Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler lock out light

Options
  • 17-09-2009 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

We have an outdoor Firebird Heatpac oil boiler. We had it serviced two days ago. It seemed to be working fine the evening after the service. However, yesterday evening I switched on the boiler and noticed it did not fire up. Had a quick look and noticed the lock out light was lit. I pressed the lock out button and it fired up and the radiators heated up.
    After about an hour I noticed the radiators were getting cool. Checked the boiler again and the lock out light was lit. I press the button and it fired up fine. About 30 minutes later the lock out light was lit again. I didn't press again as I thought I might damage the boiler. They guy that serviced it is coming out to have a look at it. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Depends on the burner, but if just serviced, could be kinked oil line or fire valve that loosened off and closed without the guy noticing.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

burner not gettin oil. is the tank empty or did he turn off valve at tank for servicing maybe??? and never turn back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

burner not gettin oil. is the tank empty or did he turn off valve at tank for servicing maybe??? and never turn back on
    sounds that to me,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

If the valve was turned off, the burner would not run for 30 mins. If an oil line was kinked or the firevalve half turned off it might happen. More likely a faulty part in the burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Yeah the burner is getting oil alright. What seems to be happening is the burner is getting to a certain temperature and then locking out. When this happens pressing the reset button the burner will not kick in. After it cools it works again until eventually it locks out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 johndel

could possibly be a bearing in the oil pump is it a riello burner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

johndel wrote: »
    could possibly be a bearing in the oil pump is it a riello burner

Yep its a riello burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭c ashelmore

I have known a faulty photocell to cause this-it had become sensitive to a rise in temperature.

Advertisement