Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Horror Board's Definitive 100 Horror Films

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Hey just want to point out that August Underground's Mordum was placed at 88 in the list by nedtheshed but ommitted from all lists after this... so I think you now have the horror board's definitive 101 horror films!

Damn you knightmare!!!!!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Can we just take Scream 2 or Wolf Creek off? :D

Can we just take Scream 2 or Wolf Creek off? :D

Scream 2,Scream 2!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Ive been following the list since the start and it has pointed me towards some great films, cheers!!

Why not add your own choice, it's what the list is for :-)

I'd vote for the per film discussion as well, and was even thinking of starting a list of 'almost rans' i.e. ones that you love, but dont find good enough for a definitive list of boards horror movies. For me, although I love em to bits, the bulk of the hammer horror movies wouldnt have made it. Then again Quatermass should have made the list in some shape.

In hindsight maybe it should have been limited to 5 or 10 entries max per user to keep the list more evenly balanced user wise. I'd happily eliminate a couple of mine to reduce my pick to 5 and allow some others with additional picks :-)

Aye I can knock a few off aswell if neccessary.Then again,I could have filled the list on my own.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

'Halloween' remains my favourite, which is why it went in first. Then I tried to sub-genre things a bit, given all the other great pics people were posting. A monster pic, a vampire pic, a gore-fest - and I would have slid 'Antichrist' in there toward the end, but the pace picked up there didn't it? Probably would have got voted off, mind you!

Watched 'The Changeling' tonight for the first time ...*shudder*... that's a cracking movie :)

Oh, and voting on the films themselves makes more sense to me, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Aye I can knock a few off aswell if neccessary.Then again,I could have filled the list on my own.:o

I could have filled it on my own too!.. :D, but I agree - I would quite happily knock some off as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Alright then that seems to be a resounding concensus for by film. Lets just go from the top down on a weekly (or shorter depending on interest) basis.

So we'll start on Monday with "The Exorcist". Keep all discussions on that thread.

If you feel a film shouldn't be on the list then state your reasons and your replacement nomination, replacement film that gets the most votes replaces the film that was up for discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

c - 13 wrote: »
    Alright then that seems to be a resounding concensus for by film. Lets just go from the top down on a weekly (or shorter depending on interest) basis.

So we'll start on Monday with "The Exorcist". Keep all discussions on that thread.

If you feel a film shouldn't be on the list then state your reasons and your replacement nomination, replacement film that gets the most votes replaces the film that was up for discussion.

As much as I'd like the process to go on, I can't help but feel that this would be a bit convoluted. I'm not so sure replacing people's picks would be a good road to go down (I was being tongue in cheek above) unless someone was thinking twice about one of their own picks. Also, I think we should consider having discussions in 5s or 10s...can't help but feel a few of them won't generate that much discussion, and would take too long anyway.

Just my 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

As much as I'd like the process to go on, I can't help but feel that this would be a bit convoluted. I'm not so sure replacing people's picks would be a good road to go down (I was being tongue in cheek above) unless someone was thinking twice about one of their own picks. Also, I think we should consider having discussions in 5s or 10s...can't help but feel a few of them won't generate that much discussion, and would take too long anyway.

Just my 2c.

I'd agree with most of that. Going on a film by film basis would take forever. Most of the films on the list seem to deserve to be on the list. Maybe it be better to let people nominate films they think should be taken off?

And discuss it that way?

• Advertisement

Cactus Col wrote: »
    I'd agree with most of that. Going on a film by film basis would take forever. Most of the films on the list seem to deserve to be on the list. Maybe it be better to let people nominate films they think should be taken off?

And discuss it that way?

Aye,that sounds like a plan.

Someone nominates a movie that they dont think deserves to be on the list and the original proposer (and other members) can explain why they think it should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

How about we do the nominations for removal (if any) in the discussion thread(s)

That way only the movies we're discussing can be removed and the thread will stay on topic (hopefully). Once we've gone through the whole list we'll probably have freed a few spaces and we can start suggesting new ones.

Also, I'd suggest making spoiler tags mandatory when discussing plots as some might not have seen all movies up for discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Dam that was a great thread. Ive been in America for a few weeks so I missed out on sticking my 5 cent in there but its a geat list to print off and tick off the few on that list I havent seen and watch em....... Nice thread even if im only getting to it now....

Advertisement