Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Pond build

Options
  • 17-09-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Im in the process of planning and building a small pond, stream and waterfall.

I have the pond plotted out on the ground and its 15ft long by 9ft wide approx.

I was thinking of using an old cast iron water pump, which i have, as part of a feature for my pond, the pond is at the bottom of a slight slope so my plan was to place the water pump a few feet higher than the pond and pump water up to it and up its centre and have it flowing out and down into a wee pool from which a small stream will run back to the pond !

How does this sound ? I am thinking of using the following set to use as my pump
    http://www.blagdonwatergardens.co.uk/Oase_Solar_Set_

The solar pump says its max. head height is 3m, does this mean that the distance from the bottom of the pond to the top of the water pump must be less than 3m in order to achieve any flow !?

Any advice on pond building\pumps welcome !?

Advertisement