Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I don't have a class so I'm gonna have a random chat on boards" thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

That_Guy wrote: »
    Thank fook it's almost the weekend. This commuting is tiring me out.

how far do you travel each day?

had a house for my first two years in dkit and had to commute about 20 miles each way then for my last two years.

house makes some difference, enhances the social aspect of college so much and actually makes studying and completing projects a lot easier too as I used to go home at 4 or 5 at the end of college get dinner and come back up at 6 or half 6 and the place would be empty and perfect for getting stuff done

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

draffodx wrote: »
    how far do you travel each day?

had a house for my first two years in dkit and had to commute about 20 miles each way then for my last two years.

house makes some difference, enhances the social aspect of college so much and actually makes studying and completing projects a lot easier too as I used to go home at 4 or 5 at the end of college get dinner and come back up at 6 or half 6 and the place would be empty and perfect for getting stuff done

I get a bus from Ashbourne into Dublin every morning. So in total a day I reckon I'm travelling for just over 3 and a half hours a day. Throw on full days of college and you've got yourself one tired me. :)

I get a bus from Ashbourne into Dublin every morning. So in total a day I reckon I'm travelling for just over 3 and a half hours a day. Throw on full days of college and you've got yourself one tired me. :)

a bus is even worse!

was moving to dundalk not an option?

a bus is even worse!

was moving to dundalk not an option?

Moving to Dundalk was and still is an option. I had the whole "ah sure it won't be thzt bad" mindset starting off but after a week I now have the "I'm a commuter, get me out of here" mindset.

Moving to Dundalk was and still is an option. I had the whole "ah sure it won't be thzt bad" mindset starting off but after a week I now have the "I'm a commuter, get me out of here" mindset.

A mate of mine drives in and out everyday, its only about a 20 min journey each way but even he wants to get a house!

Do it! Your house can be the official Boards Dkit section party house! :D

• Advertisement

A mate of mine drives in and out everyday, its only about a 20 min journey each way but even he wants to get a house!

Do it! Your house can be the official Boards Dkit section party and whore house! :D

FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Sitting in the library putting on my accumulators for the week/weekend. Would love a chicken fillet sandwich from the Snack Box.

i need a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone here in the console gaming or pc gaming club? If so when is it on and where? I got my number put on my sign up for the clubs but got no emails yet about it.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Anyone here in the console gaming or pc gaming club? If so when is it on and where? I got my number put on my sign up for the clubs but got no emails yet about it.

Theres a clubs and societies information wall somewhere, I cant remember where though, have you got the societies email address?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Back over in the library now. **** boredom.

Back over in the library now. **** boredom.

At least your at college, I'm at home with nothing to do!

Going for a spin in the car!

Theres a clubs and societies information wall somewhere, I cant remember where though, have you got the societies email address?

It's near the toilets at the Whitaker Theatre as if you were going to the Well or the Computing Office. Can't miss it.

It's near the toilets at the Whitaker Theatre as if you were going to the Well or the Computing Office. Can't miss it.
    Nothing about the console gaming or pc gaming club there, come on someone here must be in it or signed up to it, if you are can you check your email or whatever and let me know where/when the stuff in those clubs is on as I still havnt got an email from those 2 clubs.

Nothing about the console gaming or pc gaming club there, come on someone here must be in it or signed up to it, if you are can you check your email or whatever and let me know where/when the stuff in those clubs is on as I still havnt got an email from those 2 clubs.

You'd be better off asking the clubs and societies officer to be honest

I'm bored again and have started programming again so if anyone needs anything programmed gimme a shout!

You'd be better off asking the clubs and societies officer to be honest

I'm bored again and have started programming again so if anyone needs anything programmed gimme a shout!

How about you program your ma?

/leaves

/contemplates ban :D

Yeah baby. Stroke that ban stick you dirty boy. ;)

In other news:

Gwan the Toon today and also FIFA 10 is quite enjoyable. Online has to be sorted out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

yes me too joined both and ive heard nothing..kinda frustrating i want to ge involved and do stuff. Ive had no emails or seen no posters up anywhere about it.
    I also joined the mature student and golf socities and heard nothing recently from either

Perhaps there still sorting it all would be nice to know at least.

Scram wrote: »
    yes me too joined both and ive heard nothing..kinda frustrating i want to ge involved and do stuff. Ive had no emails or seen no posters up anywhere about it.
    I also joined the mature student and golf socities and heard nothing recently from either

Perhaps there still sorting it all would be nice to know at least.

Check the clubs and societies board. There might be some information on there.

• Advertisement

Lads seriously, would it be possible to go one week without having piss all over the floor in the toilets. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Lads seriously, would it be possible to go one week without having piss all over the floor in the toilets. Disgusting.

wasnt me my aim's good

i dont even go there anymore so you cant blame me!

i dont even go there anymore so you cant blame me!

I bet you come in when you're bored and piss on the floor you dirty bastid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

its how us mature students some people get their kicks these days..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

How about you program your ma?

/leaves
    I bet you come in when you're bored and piss on the floor you dirty bastid. :)

Jesus Christ Draffodx you're off the rails. Snap out of it lad!

FFS. No class til fcuking 4pm. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

FunkZ wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Draffodx you're off the rails. Snap out of it lad!

this is how we roll in DKIT, insulting the be'jaysus out of one another is our form of virtual hugs and shifts and watnot. tis true i tells ya!

papagormo wrote: »
    this is how we roll in DKIT, insulting the be'jaysus out of one another is our form of virtual hugs and shifts and watnot. tis true i tells ya!

Aw yeah. fadsjfklsffds faddfj f <---- This is my virtual orgasm.

• Advertisement

You know the wireless in dkit, the way it tells you to download and install a certificate, and that you cant visit certain sites while on the dkit wireless, well im now on internet in apartment and now it still wont let me on the sites, its showing the dkit blocked page. ANyway to change this?

Advertisement