Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I don't have a class so I'm gonna have a random chat on boards" thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some guy was staring at me all day in the library yesterday. I was actually quite flattered.... Pity he thought I looked like a girl though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ammm..........WHOOPS!!...........

(ill get me coat..!!)

papagormo wrote: »
    ammm..........WHOOPS!!...........

(ill get me coat..!!)

Put that coat down. You've not pulled yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Argh Start Monday and wages aren't as good as I had hoped!

Still its hard enough to get a job in the recession I should be glad of it!

Any of you lads in your final year?

not yet, buy my witty charm and killer looks can seduce anyone..anyone i say!..
    (i can..i can in me hole)
    im a second year mature so im laughing for another 2-3 years, haw haw haw!
    now situation is, girl i was checking out yesterday (not you "that guy") is sitting at me table..im going in with the oul open a book at page 69, show her the page number, and have an expectant grin on my face...im about to be rejected arnet i?!

• Advertisement

not yet, buy my witty charm and killer looks can seduce anyone..anyone i say!..
    (i can..i can in me hole)

If you say so.
    im a second year mature so im laughing for another 2-3 years, haw haw haw!

Sounds hot.
    now situation is, girl i was checking out yesterday (not you "that guy") is sitting at me table..im going in with the oul open a book at page 69, show her the page number, and have an expectant grin on my face...im about to be rejected arnet i?!

If you get laid there and then, then you sir a freakin' legend. But the chances are....... slim...... ah fcuk it go for it.

be funny if she was reading this :D

Bad time to be going out in the working world, enjoy the college years when your there!

draffodx wrote: »
    be funny if she was reading this :D

Bad time to be going out in the working world, enjoy the college years when your there!

Tell me about it. Quite depressing watching that Budget today. Sure if you were to believe Lenihan the worst is apparently over and normal economic growth is expected in 6 to 9 months.

I LOL'd

Yeh its unreal, the worse thing is a lot of people would have bought his BS

Yeh its unreal, the worse thing is a lot of people would have bought his BS

Of course.

You'll get morons turning around saying "ah sure at least the drink is cheap"

Get your priorities right.

• Advertisement

exams kicking off for me tomorrow..fa'hooked!
    besta luck dkit boardsie folks!

Starting on a Saturday? damn

Starting on a Saturday? damn

You're lucky to have a job man. Working of a Saturday sucks but hey, that's life.

Also best of luck papagormo. I'm finished on Wednesday myself. Can't fcuking wait.

saturday morning start indeed, just out of it there..phew!
    thanks for the best wishes That guy, good luck wednesday (finished up then, u lucky bastid)
    i had my "wonderful" housemate invite a gang to ours at 3.30am this morning, he knew i had me exam on..im not a violent person but i did consider heading downstairs last nite and bustin some chops, but sadly i didnt.
    seriously, do some people have absolutely no consideration for others sometimes? what a wanker.

That_Guy wrote: »
    You're lucky to have a job man. Working of a Saturday sucks but hey, that's life.

Also best of luck papagormo. I'm finished on Wednesday myself. Can't fcuking wait.

Nah I'm not starting/working on a saturday, I was asking papagormo was he starting on a saturday :D
    saturday morning start indeed, just out of it there..phew!
    thanks for the best wishes That guy, good luck wednesday (finished up then, u lucky bastid)
    i had my "wonderful" housemate invite a gang to ours at 3.30am this morning, he knew i had me exam on..im not a violent person but i did consider heading downstairs last nite and bustin some chops, but sadly i didnt.
    seriously, do some people have absolutely no consideration for others sometimes? what a wanker.

How did it go? Best of luck with the rest of them. You too That_Guy

Yeh I've to move to Dublin for my job and I'm thinking of ruling out house shares because of that very reason, I used to live in Dundalk and my housemate was actually a friend from school and he still done that too, really annoying

ahh, it went and thats all i care about!

if i were in your position i would either share with someone u know that is going to be working/in college similar hours to yourself, doesnt go out till all hours druing the week etc, if they are in college, not being biased but try getting mature students preferably.
    dont get me wrong, a few mates round on a friday night is no crime, hell if it were any other friday night i would possible have joined them, but just a wee bit of consideration around important deadlines should be given to someone you are sharing a house with, thats all id be expecting.

best of luck with the search for a place, hope its handy, cheap and cheerful!

That sucks papagormo. Housemates can be very inconsiderate at time. Yet, if they had an exam and you did the same there'd be murder. :rolleyes:

Can't win really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Trodai

Sorry i know this isnt the right place to post this but im new and havent a clue :D

I was just wondering does anyone here know of a bus the goes from Ashbourne to DKIT??

Trodai wrote: »
    Sorry i know this isnt the right place to post this but im new and havent a clue :D

I was just wondering does anyone here know of a bus the goes from Ashbourne to DKIT??

Yep. There's a Val Russell bus service that runs from Ashbourne to Dundalk from Monday to Friday.

Leaves the Stag's head pub in Ashbourne at 7:55am and arrives in Dundalk at 8:55.

Bus leaves Dundalk at 5pm each evening except on Friday when it leaves at 1pm.

Hope that helps.

I don't get that bus but AFAIK it's €50 for a weekly ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

1st exam done 4 more to go
    Went pretty well definately passed it.

• Advertisement

Nice one BFassasin.

First day as a software engineer down and I'm wrecked!

Time to rub some salt in the wounds. One exam done..... One more to go. Ah roll on 5pm tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Trodai

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yep. There's a Val Russell bus service that runs from Ashbourne to Dundalk from Monday to Friday.

Leaves the Stag's head pub in Ashbourne at 7:55am and arrives in Dundalk at 8:55.

Bus leaves Dundalk at 5pm each evening except on Friday when it leaves at 1pm.

Hope that helps.

I don't get that bus but AFAIK it's €50 for a weekly ticket.

Ah thanks very much, i checked out Val Russell site and seen the price for a weekly ticket :eek: shocking!!!! :D Even one way is 9 euro, so im guessing its 18 for a daily return :eek: Robbers!!!!!! :D

Anyways cheers for the info, much appreciated man thanks!

Trodai wrote: »
    Ah thanks very much, i checked out Val Russell site and seen the price for a weekly ticket :eek: shocking!!!! :D Even one way is 9 euro, so im guessing its 18 for a daily return :eek: Robbers!!!!!! :D

Anyways cheers for the info, much appreciated man thanks!

It is very expensive but there's a demand for it and they know people will use it so they jack up the price. Plus there's no alternative bus to Dundalk unless people plan to get the bus into town and get the Matthews or Bus Eireann bus up but even still that's even more expensive.

Jesus only working a week and the up heavel of having to move and everything just makes me wish I stayed to do my masters at college!

Jesus only working a week and the up heavel of having to move and everything just makes me wish I stayed to do my masters at college!

sounds like the perfect time for me to roll on in with the obligatory "well at least ya have a job" yadda yadda yadda!!
    hope u got a place sorted alrite, dont forget to pack a roll a bog roll, in case them new house mates are tight aul bastids!

I got a flat on my own.

Yeh I do have a job so I dont want to sound ungrateful but the real world sucks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

One more exam to go on wednesday morning.
    Cant wait to get them over and done with so I can enjoy Christmas.

BFassassin wrote: »

im with ya on that one mate, my last exam is tomorrow, then its hightailing the hell outta here until the 17th for me!
    took the weekend off studying as i feared brain meltdown, kind a wish i studied now. fooked tomorrow but ara!

• Advertisement

I got a flat on my own.

Ah dude, call it an apartment you filthy commoner. ;)
    im with ya on that one mate, my last exam is tomorrow, then its hightailing the hell outta here until the 17th for me!
    took the weekend off studying as i feared brain meltdown, kind a wish i studied now. fooked tomorrow but ara!
    BFassassin wrote: »

Just to rub some salt in the wounds..... I've been fiinished since last Wednesday.

Advertisement