Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurious Ink Cartridges

• 17-09-2009 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I have a Canon IP4500 printer. I use it sometimes to print on photo paper with decent results as long as the image isn't dark. A couple of the cartridges are almost empty so I've been looking on ebay for replacements. The spurious ones are great value but I'm wondering will there be much of a difference in the quality of the output with non canon branded cartridges. Anyone here have any experience with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It all depends on your expectations.

If you expect the colours to be true to the profile you have for your paper & ink then no.

If you want the images you print to remain colour fast and last not fade then no.

If you are quite happy to accept varying results & that the colours will probably change & fade over time then go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I havent used any in a long time.

One of the best pre-pro printers I got was quite expensive, around 400 at the time, ink was also quite expensive so I decided to bulk buy spurious, I would waste a good percentage of the cartridge before the printer would work with print head alignment etc etc. Turned out then that less than a year after purchase the printer would no longer work, asking for a service, there was too much ink in drainage and I couldnt find anyone that would service the priner which turned out to mean my 400 printer was caput. I still have it now in case anyone ever says they can service it, it was one of those that photcopies also, which I really could do with so now that I mention it, if anyone knows where might service a cheap enough printer please let me know.

My advice is dont risk yor quality and your printer for a few euro, it costs more in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I have had 3 different canon printers over he las few years and I will never (again) "save money" by buying off brand cartridges. They are never true color, never last as long and sometimes bleed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

HUGE difference

those 3rd party carts are not good value in the end

i have some prints that i show at my print presentations, they are less than 18 months old with no colour left in them

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

As someone mentioned in a previous thread, you'll get a different photo each week as the colours fade.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Canon it is so. Anyone recommend anywhere online to get original cartridges at decent prices compared to bricks and mortar stores here. Thanks for the replies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Check out 7dayshop.

I know they used to do good Epson prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

I have had good experiences buying from www.mx2.com based near 7dayshop.com but mx2 don't charge extra for shipping (last time I looked!)
    At the very least, I would check out prices on what you're looking for at both mx and 7day before deciding.

I dont have the full facts but aren't there delays at the Royal Mail at the moment with some kind of strike or work to rule? Not sure if it would impact on deliveries to RoI from Channels Islands.

Advertisement