Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting on redundancy

• 17-09-2009 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I was made redundant in early July and my former employer told me he was unable to pay any redundancy. I therefore applied for the lump sum payment which according to the enterprise trade and employment website takes 4-6 weeks to process. I have been waiting nearly 10 weeks now. Is there anyone who has recently recieved their lump sum payment that can tell me how long it took or can shed a bit of light on how long it will actually take?

Any info would be helpfull.........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I have heard 3 months in some instances however the HSE have a backup plan for those in desperate need if you are an unfortunate one. Contact your local HSE clinic for futher info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 joxerdaly

Thanks Gerry. 3 months is a long way off the 4-6 weeks they have on their website. They should update it. If they were more realisic with their advertised times I wouldn't have a problem. I can understand they are under serious presure these days but if I knew how much longer I had to wait I could at least plan out the next month or so. Thought I would have it a fortnight ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RCLOVER

Hey Man,

Your gona be waiting a long time I signed and submitted my forms for lump sum redundancy(which is normally processed quickest) at the start of april this year and have yet to receive a single penny, the only thing i got was my pay in lou from the liquidator but nothing regards to redundancy, I ring them nearly every week and get told that there close to my processing date but ive givin up on them its been 8 months now.

The only thing i will recommend for now is go onto your revenue online account if you have one and you can put in for rebates all the way back to 2005, its worth a shot i did it out of boardom one night and got a hefty cheque in the post 5 days later so give it a go.

In the mean time itl be a long wait for your redundancy.

Hope youget sorted.

Advertisement