Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on cleaning a sensor please

• 17-09-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

I noticed a big blur on a picture last week and then realised it was a hair on the sensor.
    Having nothing better to do at the time (on a long haul flight)
    I started trying to get it off but only succeeded in putting loads of dust and other hairs on there.
    I also realised (too late) that the inside of an aircraft is probably not the best place to clean the inside of a camera. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I ran the 'clean sensor' thing last night until it stopped but it was just the same.
    I've just managed to get all the hairs off by very lightly brushing it with a cotton bud but there's still a bit of dust on it.
    How do I get it off?

It's a Canon 350D btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Cotton buds and brushes don't make for good cleaners :eek:

A rocket blower is good for loose dust spots that accumulate on your sensor.

But having read the info that you have posted I fear that your best bet is to get it to someone who does this professionally. If you've been very light with your cleaning actions to date then it should be fine - they probably would do a wet clean on it which will remove greasy / oily patches too. They use fluids and equipment which is made for the job.

You could still try a rocket blower - as it is only blowing dust it will do it no harm as long as you don't clang it off the sensor. Might work but I think you may be in for a little more professional attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Pacha

Thanks.
    I knew you weren't supposed to touch them which is why i was very gentle with it but I'm doing a shoot in half an hour and needed it a bit cleaner.
    It is a whole lot better than it was. The problem is the angle, just cant get to the top bit.

Advertisement