Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Activities in Dublin

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have some friends coming to Dublin who have three kids. Could anyone recommend some fun activities for kids in Dublin, city and suburbs? Also, does anyone know of any particularly kid-friendly hotels? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Zoo is always a safe bet, kids love the Zoo! Or the Viking Splash tour is fun too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Dublin Bay tour is good also depending on their ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

depends what age they are. If they are young then they will want playgrounds and parks to run around in. Thank heavens there are some in the city centre - stephens green, merrion sq. Beaches can be good too - kite flying etc.

Hotels that do 'family rooms' should be ok.

I think there are some books available on cheap & fun things to do with kids in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there are a few listed here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Viking Splash Tours definately!!!

Wish I could go today - that'd cheer me right up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jgiles2

Hi I am looking for computer courses for my son to do.He is very shy and does not have many friends but he loves computers so want to encourage him to mix.He is 15 years of age if you know of anywhere ?

Thanks concerned father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Jgiles2 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for computer courses for my son to do.He is very shy and does not have many friends but he loves computers so want to encourage him to mix.He is 15 years of age if you know of anywhere ?

Thanks concerned father.
    What sort of computer course did you have in mind? Something like an ECDL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jgiles2

Yes ,he knows the basics .I have been searching the internet and all I can find are Adult or poste leaving cert courses none for teenagers !!.He likes programming and web design he's in the middle of doing his own website.Any ideas where he could do a course something similar ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

My son (9yo) attended a course in DCU this 'Summer' run by www.whizzkids.ie. He loved it and seemed to get a lot out of it.

I've no affiliation or connection with them, or with DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've heard of the DCU thing, never a bad thing said.

You could ring individual schools/colleges and just ask if they offer any child/uyoung adult courses. They mightn't be heavily advertised. (Kind of the opposite of the music school problem. Awful hard to find a school advertising adult lessons though plenty will offer them, speaking from expreience here ;)

On the zoo, I'm of the opinion that ours sucks since they re-did the place. The lions are miiilllleeess away now. :(

Viking Splash is the way to go. Deer hunt-- eh, spotting in the Phoenix is something that my little nephew loves, but he's awful odd anyway.! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement