Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attacks on mental health

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

There is a thread on the ladies lounge which has gotten a bit heated. This I dont mind.

But I find it disturbing that there is no prohibition on attacking the poster's mental health for their viewpoint. I think this constitutes abuse, and far more than the name calling that will get someone banned here.

Consistently the OP's been told she has issues, distorted thinking, someone referred to something she said as "off the wall" and it continues throughout.

Please tell me why this is ok? Because it seems very wrong to me.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

There is a thread on the ladies lounge which has gotten a bit heated. This I dont mind.

But I find it disturbing that there is no prohibition on attacking the poster's mental health for their viewpoint. I think this constitutes abuse, and far more than the name calling that will get someone banned here.

Consistently the OP's been told she has issues, distorted thinking, someone referred to something she said as "off the wall" and it continues throughout.

Please tell me why this is ok? Because it seems very wrong to me.

I think you should link the thread and posts where abuse has in your opinion occured. Have you used the report post function in the thread to bring up your concerns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Have you pm'd the forum mods about this or reported any posts you feel are abusive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I think you should link the thread and posts where abuse has in your opinion occured. Have you used the report post function in the thread to bring up your concerns?

No I didnt. I suppose I should have. I dont really have all afternoon to go through them all and multiquote here. I'll go back and report.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

The thread discussed is being very carefully watch by the mods and last the op knows how to report posts if she feels them inappropriate.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Report posts before bringing them here. You know better then that. Thread closed.

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement