Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Travers Dead

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Folk singer Mary Travers has passed away at the age of 72.

The musician and member of Peter, Paul and Mary died yesterday at Danbury Hospital in Connecticut after suffering from leukaemia for many years.

Bandmate Peter Yarrow said: "I have no idea what it will be like to have no Mary in my world, in my life, or on stage to sing with.

"But I do know there will always be a hole in my heart, a place where she will always exist that will never be filled by any other person. However painful her passing is, I am forever grateful for Mary and her place in my life."

Noel 'Paul' Stookey added: "I am deadened and heartsick beyond words to consider a life without Mary Travers and honoured beyond my wildest dreams to have shared her spirit and her career."

Peter, Paul and Mary were best known for folk hits 'Puff The Magic Dragon', 'If I Had A Hammer', 'Where Have All the Flowers Gone?' and a number of Bob Dylan covers including 'Blowin' In The Wind'.

A message on the group's website read: "After successful recovery from leukaemia through a bone marrow/stem cell transplant, Mary succumbed to the side effects of one of the chemotherapy treatments. We all loved her deeply and will miss her beyond words."

RIP

Advertisement