Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spit roast pig... offensive?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi, i've been lurking around here for a while, thought it was time to sign up.

can i get peoples opinions on this....

i'm organising a friends 30th... it's gonna be an outdoor thing... anyway, for the food, i'm thinking of getting a spit roast pig... so, the whole pig head an all... there's some catering companies that can do it for you...

my question is... do you think people would be ok with this... it's just pork.. or do you think it's in bad taste... excuse the pun

spit roast pig.... 44 votes

no problem with it
    0% 0 votes
    not sure... well it's just meat i guess
    84% 37 votes
    don't really like the idea
    9% 4 votes
    really bad taste, hate it...
    6% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BlondieCait

oh I'm sure someone will be offended.

We are so "PC" these days. In this age of "equality", no one had any rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Unless all the guests are muslim, then no, not offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I bought a couple of suckling pigs for someone who did me a (very) good turn a couple of years ago and he had a barbeque and everyone loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

i've seen spit pigs where they are cooked in an enclosed unit, looks kinda like a barbeque, not offensive at all. if you shop around, you should be able to find someone with this equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

as long as meat variety kind you're having at the party..all should be fine :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Do it. I'd say a far higher amount of people would be impressed than offended. Hog roasts rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

This is quite common in Germany. If you put on a BBQ here you should provide the meat and its a sign of a good host to put a piggy on a spit.

Definitely go for it. You can't fail to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

3849640336_7c91210cea_m.jpg
    3849639866_e444f84316_m.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

You need a "hell yeah I want one now!" button in your poll.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

I was at a BBQ a few years back and there was a spit roast pig. I thought it looked brilliant and was the tastiest bit of meat i have ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 petesteele

Blisterman wrote: »
    Do it. I'd say a far higher amount of people would be impressed than offended. Hog roasts rock.

agree.. and seems to be the same feeling so far...

i'm sure the odd person might be offended... can't please everybody :D

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Awww now im hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Just have another spit with a head of cabbage on it to cater for the vegi\pcpatrol

+1 one this thread is making me hungry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Now I'm not a tree hugging hippy by any means. But I was in a Dublin restaurant a couple years back and in mid dinner they wheeled a roast pig, complete with apple in mouth, out to another table. The entire restaurant stopped eating and went quiet as they watched it wheeled through. Personally I found it a bit off-putting, slightly putting me off my food. that said i'm sure its super tasty. I just could have done without seeing it in the middle of my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I voted against it - not my sort of thing vote... (just wouldnt enjoy it myself) - but can understand the novelty of it ..... I'm sure it would look impressive.

hopefully there would be other food for those that dont fancy bacon.

Best of luck with it OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 petesteele

cheers for the feedback guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

I often had these in the UK, all I can say is don't invite me unless you have 2 pigs! They are gorgeous, especially with stuffing and apple sauce. Nyom Nom Nom!

Advertisement