Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

session "rules"

Options
  • 17-09-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

See

http://grobner.it.nuigalway.ie/sess.html

After years (nay - decades....) playing in sessions, decided to put this up, might
    be useful for newcomers to irish music sessions, any
    comments/corrections/suggestions very welcome!!

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Haha, it's like you've been sitting beside me at every session I've ever been at, listening to me bitch. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Heya Michael,

Sounds fair enough. General good manners and respect for other musicians regardless of their ability is whats it all about i suppose. If i was thinking about going to a session for the first time id find that list really useful, although it would probably be a lot to take in in one go...maybe you could put something reassuring and encouraging at the end that talks about enjoying yourself and having fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

I thought I'd hate this but I didn't. I actually agree with what you've said. Bit of respect and these unwritten rules is all you need. You should really say to remember that its all about enjoying the music, the conversation and the craic.

Advertisement