Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gear wheel on motor shaft removal??

Options
  • 17-09-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me how to remove the gear wheel on the shaft of the motor for my M4? its worn and needs to be replaced or do i have to buy a new motor? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

On some there is a small little grub screw on the side that you need to loosen and then remove the gear. On other's it is friction fit and you will need to clamp it (carefully, while ensuring not to damage the motor) to remove it)

I've removed them in the past using a dremel aswell, if the gear is worn out and going in the bin anyway, but again, be careful not to damage the motor shaft.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

thanks for the info. think ill just buy new motor there only 24euro save all the hassle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 airsoftlover

can u put an m15 gear box in a ca sport line m15a4 i just want to no if i can put a different modle gear box in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Yes, both AEG's use V2 gearboxes, so switching them out should be no problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You've probably sorted it by now but a good old mechanic tip is to heat it on a burner or gas cooker and pull it off with a pliers,. :)

• Advertisement

thanks 4 the help on the gear box

are d boy gear boxes an good ther seling at 30 us dolers an if any 1 no if a v3 woul fit the guns i mentoned

are d boy gear boxes an good ther seling at 30 us dolers

They are rock solid, the shim jobs can be a bit off but they are generally fairly good, just remember to get it downgraded when you import it, if you do!

if heard of that but how do u do that

if heard of that but how do u do that

You just change the spring to a lower power one, you can get it done in most airsoft retailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

Masada wrote: »
    You've probably sorted it by now but a good old mechanic tip is to heat it on a burner or gas cooker and pull it off with a pliers,. :)

cheers going to try that in work, if i get it fixed ill use it as a spare.;)

would the spring from my old gear box do it it just the gear thats damaged

would the spring from my old gear box do it it just the gear thats damaged

You could always get a new gear set, it would cost less that a new gearbox.

i bougt the gear box it from ehobby asia would that spring work and what an sku

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

If the gun is an AK then the gearbox is a V3 you need. as for springs, a promethius MS90 will sit you nicely on about 310-315fps. :)

Advertisement