Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do when someone increases their price?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

ninjaBob wrote: »
    I suppose this is where it gets tricky, am I in breach because I walked away after he tried to make the increase for a 3rd time?

After his increase should I have allowed him to once again honour his contract? (3rd time to honour his agreement).

It's all semantics really, given that I didn't accept the 3rd increase, nor did I accept him honouring his contract for the 3rd time. I never entered into a new contract after he breeched it.

I'll try a few more solicitors and get more clarification on this.

No, he has to fulfill the terms of the original contract. If he tries to change the terms agreed and you refuse, you're not breaching the contract, you're refusing to enter into a new one. Nothing wring with that.

You said he wouldn't give you a straight answer so whose fault is that? It's certainly not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I would send him a hurling helmet in the post with a little note attached...

"Dear Yeeehaaaa Plumber...

Remove your kit from my house at once or you will need to be wearing this when I see you next

Kind Regards
    Customer who has just grown a pair"

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

Anyone fancy reading over my letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Danno wrote: »
    I would send him a hurling helmet in the post with a little note attached...

"Dear Yeeehaaaa Plumber...

Remove your kit from my house at once or you will need to be wearing this when I see you next

Kind Regards
    Customer who has just grown a pair"

Danno, violence is never a solution, nor is threatening someone.

dudara

Advertisement