Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford bus stop

Options
  • 17-09-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Could a Carlow person please tell me where the bus eireann bus going to Waterford would stop in Carlow? I'm going to college in Carlow IT so if there was a stop near there it would be great!! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It stops at the set down area (in front of the parade of shops) beside the main road through town, opposite Super Quinn AFAIK.

Do intercity/town busses stop for anyone by college gates these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

alan1990 wrote: »
    Could a Carlow person please tell me where the bus eireann bus going to Waterford would stop in Carlow? I'm going to college in Carlow IT so if there was a stop near there it would be great!! Thanks

it stops outside the i.t at the front on the main road, or at the bus park, a 5 minute walk from the i.t towards town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Roughly opposite the RTC as you're coming up/in from Waterford on N-9/Kilkenny Rd. at or outside Otterholt Hostel is where Bus Eireann stops on l.h.s. There's an actual BE Stop there on the path.
    Further in it's the Coach Park where all buses stop coming up from Waterford & going down from Dublin. The buses also stop on Dublin Rd. at Quinns Shop on way up to Dublin & on way back.
    On the way-out it's the same thing in that BE stop outside the college at the pedestrian entrance where there's a new path being relaid. No actual sign so just stand out there on the path.
    Does this answer your' question sufficiently?

mike65 wrote: »
    It stops at the set down area (in front of the parade of shops) beside the main road through town, opposite Super Quinn AFAIK.

Do intercity/town busses stop for anyone by college gates these days?
    Locally known as Deanes' Shop Bus Stop, that's where the early-morning ones do stop alright but it's only the commueter ones at 6 & 6.50 or 7.50 afaik. Also it's only J.J. who stop there. BE always use Coach Park at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It must have changed since I was last up there for a bus. (many moons ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

mike65 wrote: »
    It must have changed since I was last up there for a bus. (many moons ago)

Go to maps.google.com and enter the co-ords 52.833832,-6.926839 into the address field then zoom in on the satellite image. The coach park is just below the green arrow, you can even see 2 coaches stopped there.

For an even bigger change you should enter "carlow, ireland" into the address field and see what it gives you. You'll be even more amazed to find that the whole town has moved to a different county ;)

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Go to maps.google.com and enter the co-ords 52.833832,-6.926839 into the address field then zoom in on the satellite image. The coach park is just below the green arrow, you can even see 2 coaches stopped there.

For an even bigger change you should enter "carlow, ireland" into the address field and see what it gives you. You'll be even more amazed to find that the whole town has moved to a different county ;)
    Carlow CO. Laois? Well I'll be!
    I know Graiguecullen's on the border & when/if neither Co. Co. wants anything to do with it, they say it's in t'others county but moving our' whole CO. town to CO. Laois is going a bit far.

Advertisement