Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTA HD Advice

• 17-09-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

Hi guys..( i tried using the search facility but FTA and HD are to short to be included in a search :( )

I currently have a Freesat setup, with a 85cm dish using a quatro lnb, and a multiswitch with 8 inputs (only 4 in use)

I was thinking of adding another location, possible 19.2e, i'm looking for free HD content, preferable with an english soundtrack, but would be happy with music etc.

Can anyone advise me if it is worth my while doing this, or would a different position be better ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I tried to get some FTA HD recently and there's very little out there especially in english!
    Nothing on 19E, you might want to try 9E instead you can get FTV HD (Fashion TV) and (ahem) Penthouse HD :P

IMHO the best (almost) FTA channel out there is Channel 4 HD, you need a new White FTV card (get a UK friend / relative to get you one, they're only £20) and a CAM capable of emulating the NDS system.

Take a look here at other potential FTA HD channels
    http://en.kingofsat.net/hdtv.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i'm going to hang on for C4 HD.. knowing my luck, as soon as i get a white card, it would appear on the Freesat epg

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

pa990 wrote: »
    i'm going to hang on for C4 HD.. knowing my luck, as soon as i get a white card, it would appear on the Freesat epg
    Here's hoping!

Advertisement