Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

graduation

• 17-09-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Anyone know the dates for graduation this year, I know its in October sometime?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

e-Mo0? wrote: »
    Anyone know the dates for graduation this year, I know its in October sometime?

Cheers

no dates have been assigned for specific departments but the dates are 6th/7th November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Do we have an idea when this will be? need to put things in order for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

6th & 7th November - yeh. I have to fly back home for mine too, but have already booked a flight on Thursday, and then going back home to here (England) on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Grad can be great fun, for my diploma grad back in the day I instituted the 'Operation Sore-Palm' inititive. at the beginning of the ceramony they tell you not to clap for each person who recieves a scroll, but rather to wait for a group to finish before offering a round of applause. common sense really.

My idea was to ignore this simple directive and to clap slowly and sarcastically for the first few people getting scrolls. of course the family and friends of those couple of people are not content to allow this pass and would also start clapping, in no time i had everyone clapping like seals constantly for an hour and a half!

There were a couple of occasions where the dept head repeated his request not to clap individuals, but i just started the ball rolling again each time. LOL.

Advertisement