Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show ( 18th September)

Options
  • 17-09-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Richard Dawking.

I'm surprised that RTE would let this scientician on the Late Late Show. God help us, some people may be easily impressed by big words and fooled by a peculiar voice. Not me!

I wish he would 'relatively' disappear up his cosmic 'black hole' and take his message of 'evolutionary' intolerance with him!

I don't know how Tubridy is going to handle the interview if he has to wait for Dawking to slowly key in his responses. It's going to be car crash television!

I can only hope that some of the intelligent studio audience gets a chance to interrogate this charlatan. To show Dawkings what real common sense in Ireland is!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LOL. Just LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Richard Dawking.

I'm surprised that RTE would let this scientician on the Late Late Show. God help us, some people may be easily impressed by big words and fooled by a peculiar voice. Not me!

I wish he would 'relatively' disappear up his cosmic 'black hole' and take his message of 'evolutionary' intolerance with him!

I don't know how Tubridy is going to handle the interview if he has to wait for Dawking to slowly key in his responses. It's going to be car crash television!

I can only hope that some of the intelligent studio audience gets a chance to interrogate this charlatan. To show Dawkings what real common sense in Ireland is!

Google is as confused as i am. Is it Richard Dawkins?!? Is it Stephen Hawking?!?! Only time will tell.

Does sound like it'll be an awesome show tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Google is as confused as i am. Is it Richard Dawkins?!? Is it Stephen Hawking?!?! Only time will tell.

Does sound like it'll be an awesome show tho.

If you mix essence of Hawking and Dawkings but get it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Prophet

Okay, so I thought Dawking was still disabled. I saw pictures of him only a few years ago and he was shriveled and confined to a talking wheelchair! Can you believe that?! Surely the work of the divil himself.

Now he finds himself healed and healthy today. Is that evolution? Of course not - that's utter pie-in-the-sky stuff. It is, however, proof that God is a merciful force in the world, even to prodigal little satans like Dawking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

One of them Nolan dolls is on as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

0701-dawkins-jacket.jpg /= news-graphics-2007-_441537a.jpg

Richard Dawkins is a respected evolutionary Biologist.
    Stephen Hawking is a respected physicist.

Neither are a charlatan or intolerant.

THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE!
    That like confusing the Pope with a Nazi.

If Tubridy actually had Professor Hawking on his show it would make a lot better television that the long stream of twats that are usually peddled out.
    At least Dawkins will have something intelligent to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Okay, so I thought Dawking was still disabled. I saw pictures of him only a few years ago and he was shriveled and confined to a talking wheelchair! Can you believe that?! Surely the work of the divil himself.

Now he finds himself healed and healthy today. Is that evolution? Of course not - that's utter pie-in-the-sky stuff. It is, however, proof that God is a merciful force in the world, even to prodigal little satans like Dawking.

What in Harry Potters name are you going on

Haha. This is getting even funnier. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Top suff op, best laugh I've had all day - still not sure whether I'm laughing with you or at you though.

5uspect wrote: »
    0701-dawkins-jacket.jpg /= news-graphics-2007-_441537a.jpg

Richard Dawkins is a respected evolutionary Biologist.
    Stephen Hawking is a respected physicist.

Neither are a charlatan or intolerant.

If Tubridy actually had Professor Hawking on his show it would make a lot better television that the long stream of twats that are usually peddled out.
    At least Dawkins will have something intelligent to say.

I don't know what you're trying to say, but the implication seems to be that some kind of ungodly (and faulty) cloning was involved. Two guys? Why have I never seen them in the same photo? It doesn't add up.

Either way, he (or them) are hellspawn on earth, and I don't pay my licence fee for this sort of thing to be paraded on our national television station. It's immoral and insulting.

• Advertisement

I don't know what you're trying to say, but the implication seems to be that some kind of ungodly (and faulty) cloning was involved. Two guys? Why have I never seen them in the same photo? It doesn't add up.

Either way, he (or them) are hellspawn on earth, and I don't pay my licence fee for this sort of thing to be paraded on our national television station. It's immoral and insulting.
    Ah now, stop pretending like you purposely got the two mixed up. Sit down and take your slagging like a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

You know...sometimes you could, I don't know, go for a walk or read a book or something to pass the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Maaa!

Oh please, please let the Prophet be going to see Dawkins tonight at the RDS where his barking mad ideas will be eviserated by the superior intelligence of the Prof.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Maaa! wrote: »
    Oh please, please let the Prophet be going to see Dawkins tonight at the RDS where his barking mad ideas will be eviserated by the superior intelligence of the Prof.

7:30 PM in the Concert Hall: that's Hall 7 in this venue map, bottom right hand corner where Anglesea Road meets Merrion Road.

See you there, Prophet. Should be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I'm still wondering what a scientician is?:confused: (nevermind having a good laugh at OP).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

5uspect wrote: »
    That like confusing the Pope with a Nazi.

But... but..... the pope was a Nazi. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The pope was a member of Hitler Youth, but most of his generation were.

I just hope that whichever Nolan is appearing (most likely Colleen), that she gives us a few bars AFTER the evolution propaganda meister is on, in order to CHEER US UP.

I really think music went to pot after the Nolans fell off the hit parade. A right shame, as 'Dragonfly' was a lovely 7" with quite a progressive use of synths. They were overlooked innovators really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I just hope that whichever Nolan is appearing (most likely Colleen), that she gives us a few bars AFTER the evolution propaganda meister is on, in order to CHEER US UP.

I think you'll be disappointed. The Nolans are crypto-Darwinists from a long way back. What is "Don't it make my brown eyes blue?" but a disguised ode to the possibility of gradual physical transformation within a species?

I believe the working title was "Don't it make my rudimentary thumb-stump opposable?"

Yerrra cop on. That is just NOT true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Brilliant! I can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The man who always seems to pinch a nerve with the christians and their faulty story. Should be an interesting watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Is this Dawking guy the bloke from The Darkness??? :)

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Is this Dawking guy the bloke from The Darkness??? :)

It's nothing to smile about, let me tell you.

I'm NOT implying that he's Satan HIMSELF, but by the way he denies our Lord's majesty, he is surely hitching a ride with the Darkside for sure!

That mightn't be so bad, but he's corrupting OTHER souls down along into the darkness for sure. And RTE giving him the platform to do so is, well, I can't find the words. Horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm NOT implying that he's Satan HIMSELF, but by the way he denies our Lord's majesty, he is surely hitching a ride with the Darkside for sure!

That mightn't be so bad, but he's corrupting OTHER souls down along into the darkness for sure. And RTE giving him the platform to do so is, well, I can't find the words. Horrendous.

Welcome to modern ireland buddy, where nobody has to suffer under the church any longer and people are free to believe what they want. Its about time somebody with sense got airtime on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

This has to be a piss take....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Christ on a bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Meh, I'd love to see Dawking but I'll not watch any show presented by Ryan Tubridy trying to peddle his Illuminati ways...

Driver 8 wrote: »
    This has to be a piss take....

Why? Because hardly anyone in Ireland has any morals today? And then people are surprised when someone tells it like it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why? Because hardly anyone in Ireland has any morals today? And then people are surprised when someone tells it like it is.

Why can't people have morals without religion?

You mustn't be too sure of your own if you believe they rely on divinity

Advertisement