Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show ( 18th September)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

honk like seals for hamper gifts.

Nice summing up! :D

Kudos on this thread, it was well done. I am however, shocked by the amount of people who didn't seem to get it.

Only saw the part with Carr - surprised at how out of his element Tubridy looks, nervous and stumbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mukki wrote: »
    who was carr acusing of being a pedo
    Jake Goldenflame

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Night all. See you next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

amdublin wrote: »
    Night all. See you next week.
    No you won't... Don't care if he has Obama on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tasha90 wrote: »

I watched most of the show, never realised he had a paedophile on before him. I thought he was making reference to the "Joseph Fritzl" Austrian holiday that he had a bit of fun with.
    amdublin wrote: »
    First you agree with me that you found McWilliams attractive and now yo agree with me that you heart Kenny!!!!!!
    Something you want to tell us????
    :D

Yes, I want to tell you that I'm easy. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ipu666

HI there
    Dawkins is an intelectual and scientist and has more proof for the non existence of a god than a belief, you are focusing on his slow response but should be focusing on your own proof of a god and not trivialising his actions,
    If a guy in 2009 came and started gathering people around and preaching that he was the son of a god that no one ever saw and brought people back to life and turned cheese into coal or wine or something and was crucified because he said it would make everybody else free from eternal damnation would you believe it.
    and why does your place of birth determine what religion you are as in Ireland = catholic and china = buddist get real and stop believing fairy stories that have been brainwashed into you from birth and stop the nonsence of believing in something that has been manufactured from stories from unteligent people sitting around fires with nothing else to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Prophet

MikeC101 wrote: »
    honk like seals for hamper gifts

Nice summing up! :D

Kudos on this thread, it was well done. I am however, shocked by the amount of people who didn't seem to get it.

You're welcome. ;)

The poor ole "Prophet" character was still being chastised by some for not being 'aware' of The Darkness, S. Hawking, and C. R. Dawkins, even AFTER my joke was outed! He he he! :)
    Only saw the part with Carr - surprised at how out of his element Tubridy looks, nervous and stumbling.
    Tubridy was poor.

I've time for Carr and Dawkins. Carr is funny whether cherrypicking from his routine, or ad libbing in an interview. Great self-awareness and an ability to fuse his comedy with authentic Irish reference points when he visits our shore. A rarity, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Can i just say that Dawkins, if handled right, could be an explosive interview of the same order as some of the classic Gaybo interviews, especially in our good little Catholic country.

What tonight was, however, was not explosive. It wasnt even mildly interesting. It was irritating in the extreme. It just shows how much of a nobody and an absolute incompetent Tubridy is, making utterly juvenile attempts at getting a giggle out of the audience, in the face of one of the most well respected scientists of our time.

By the way, "say a prayer for me" as he went into the audience? Followed by the band playin "Im a believer"?

Hogwash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Crotchety wrote: »
    One of them Nolan dolls is on as well.

Im in the nude for dancing ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

You're welcome. ;)

The poor ole "Prophet" character was still being chastised by some for not being 'aware' of The Darkness, S. Hawking, and C. R. Dawkins, even AFTER my joke was outed! He he he! :)

I admit I just scanned it first, then caught "scientician" and reread it more carefully. It reads like something a character in South Park might say. Been a while since I've laughed out loud at something on a forum.
    Tubridy was poor.

I've time for Carr and Dawkins. Carr is funny whether cherrypicking from his routine, or ad libbing in an interview. Great self-awareness and an ability to fuse his comedy with authentic Irish reference points when he visits our shore. A rarity, that.

I think Tubridy is being exposed for what he is - lightweight as hell. Which really works against him when he has someone like Dawkins on, and needs to have done the research and ask intelligent questions, rather than trying to go for stupid laughs. There's really very little excuse for Tubridy not bothering to put in the effort and do the damn research.

I've always enjoyed Jimmy Carr as a comedian, poor old Ryan looked terrified he was going to say something controversial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Both audience games were absolutely terrible television. Once again he fumbles his way through the audience saying "oh look at them all terrified 'dont pick me'" laughing to himself thinking he's funny once again.

Micheal O Muircheartaigh was interesting, but they gave the least amount of time to the most interesting person on the show, Jimmy Carr.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Elem wrote: »
    To denay anything Dawkins said is stupidity. But, certain nations just are not ready for this. If I was Dawkins, the last place i would give my theories is Ireland and the middle east.

But the evidence is there.

Is this the most ignorant and insufferable posts in the history of ie boards?

Probably not, but still.

thank you, someone with sense richard dawkins is a genious that prooves that religious beliefs are pur dilusional, foolish religious garbage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dave, if the RTE ever did manage to get Obama to do the Late Late, I think it would be in the nation's interest to ensure Tubridy didn't make it in for it.

Intelligent watchers and non-watchers of TLL alike would be morally obliged to come together and cement the smug little fucker into his house before he had a chance to get down to the studio.

sorry bout spelling i spilled tea on k board

ipu666 wrote: »
    thank you, someone with sense richard dawkins is a genious that prooves that religious beliefs are pur dilusional, foolish religious garbage
    Oh dear.

come on lads do you believe in a god or something, get real like
    santa and fairies and miracles ha ha no such thing

Well, since you've provided such an intelligent argument, backed up reasonably and so well written, I can only thank you for your valuable, life-changing contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

but they gave the least amount of time to the most interesting person on the show, Jimmy Carr.

In fairness, I was at his gig that night (bloody hilarious btw, his late late set is very mild compared to most of his other stuff) which ended at 10:20 so he pretty much had only just under 90mins to get to rté, prepare etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

To sum up..

Skipped past the Nolans, the three entrepeneurs were for the most part drab, but got a few laughs out of the guy in the middles Tallaght/Australian accent.

Dawkins interview was terrible, Tubridy's questions were ridiculous for a man of Dawkins intelligence! I felt like he was being ganged up on by Tubridy and the audience in general.

Carr - it wasn't his audience. I loved his jokes as always and his ad-libbing, but again Tubridy rushed through the interview with lazy non creative questions.

Bah..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I was hoping the they'd reduct the LLS by at least an hour when Tubridy took over. It's impossible for them to get quality guests for the length of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

"We've all got imaginary friends, I've just grown out of mine!" - Carr

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭veryangryman

About the Tubs bashers..

Does any of you guys think Matt Cooper would do a much better job there. I think hed make an excellent choice for the job and may have challenged Dawkins properly. Probably would have bounced off of Carr better (and given him more time) too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I was hoping the they'd reduct the LLS by at least an hour when Tubridy took over. It's impossible for them to get quality guests for the length of the show.

That would mean the longest running chat show in the world would be on for just over an hour, once a week, wouldn't happen in a million years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Cooper is not as nerdy as Tubridy, but having seen him on TV3 sports coverage, radio is his thing, period.. Ya need a special charm, an empathy like Gaybo and Parky for this job.. Actually RTE don't have someone like this on their books really, with the possible exception of Gerry Ryan. Personally I think he should of got the gig.

Or Marty Whelan.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Probably just obliterated credibility. :D

Serious about Gerry though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

About the Tubs bashers..

Does any of you guys think Matt Cooper would do a much better job there. I think hed make an excellent choice for the job and may have challenged Dawkins properly. Probably would have bounced off of Carr better (and given him more time) too

After his disgraceful "interview" of Patrick Holford I've lost confidence in Coop.
    He just let Holford tell lie after lie showing that he hadn't done any basic research into the cretin.

Correction, I believe that was Anton Savage. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Now he finds himself healed and healthy today. Is that evolution? Of course not - that's utter pie-in-the-sky stuff. It is, however, proof that God is a merciful force in the world, even to prodigal little satans like Dawking.

I know I'm a bit late but man I ain't laughed this hard ever.
    Cannot be serious, a great wind up. Yeah God healed him, transformed him into a physicist instead of a biologist and changed his name ever so slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

ipu666 wrote: »
    come on lads do you believe in a god or something, get real like
    santa and fairies and miracles ha ha no such thing
    what ?what do you mean there,s no santy? there has to be a santa. who gives the presents on christmas eve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Okay, so I thought Dawking was still disabled. I saw pictures of him only a few years ago and he was shriveled and confined to a talking wheelchair! Can you believe that?! Surely the work of the divil himself.

Now he finds himself healed and healthy today. Is that evolution? Of course not - that's utter pie-in-the-sky stuff. It is, however, proof that God is a merciful force in the world, even to prodigal little satans like Dawking.

LMFAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Plus 10

Not exactly breaking news but was last night the worst interviewing you have ever seen? I never was a fan of Tubs but last night it was serious cringe stuff, very weak indeed.

Advertisement