Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show ( 18th September)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

No, because otherwise you sound like a lunatic. Nevermind all the "evolution is evil" nonsense, the fact that you can't even differentiate between Richard Dawkins and Steven Hawking is evidence that you're not playing chess with a full set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Why? Because hardly anyone in Ireland has any morals today? And then people are surprised when someone tells it like it is.

People do have morals, just probably not to the pious standard of yours. And who's telling it as it is? Your posts are reminiscent of something from the 1950's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Prophet

DarkJager wrote: »
    People do have morals, just Your posts are reminiscent of something from the 1950's.

Progress in not always a good thing. Only in CERTAIN areas. I'm trying to find a Mary Kenny article on this very topic at the moment. I'll see if I can post it.

Progress in not always a good thing. Only in CERTAIN areas. I'm trying to find a Mary Kenny article on this very topic at the moment. I'll see if I can post it.

Any progression out of the grip of a church stuck in the dark ages is a good thing. People have free will to do what they like. You might not agree with what they do, but they probably have similar views on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

I presume Colleen will be on show. She has now made a sex tape. Something for Ryan to get up on.

• Advertisement

Crotchety wrote: »
    I presume Colleen will be on show. She has now made a sex tape. Something for Ryan to get up on.

Banging the table from above and below no doubt!! :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    Banging the table from above and below no doubt!! :D

If his shaft is as long as his legs...

I trust the studio audience will be more discrete than here. They're a different kettle compared to young under 35s on web fora.

Wisdom and Maturity. And a sense to see through science gone berzerk.

Yeah, what with their facts and provable theories......

I trust the studio audience will be more discrete than here. They're a different kettle compared to young under 35s on web fora.

Oh please stop. Wisdom and Maturity to you is believing a fairy tale from the dark ages??? Don't make me laugh.

I have more wisdom and maturity in my left nut than anybody who buys in to religions.

• Advertisement

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Yeah, what with their facts and provable theories......

We'll see tomorrow night. I hope Tubridy GRILLS him on these science theories. Just THEORIES, mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Can no one spot a wind up when they see it? Nice job OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Times are changing. People are actively leaving the church... it's reign of rule over peoples lives is diminishing

If you really think that those people are without wisdom then you have your head buried in the sand buddy

We'll see tomorrow night. I hope Tubridy GRILLS him on these science theories. Just THEORIES, mind you!

I love it when the old "JUST a theory" phrase comes out. Perhaps you should learn what the word theory means in a scientific context.

This is very obviously a wind up.

Still assuming it is a piss take :P to be honest....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cuh. 'Hot' on the heels of 2006's God Delusion book. RTE... always a follower, never a leader.

Does anyone expect Finucane to actually strongly press people to explain their religion-backed bigotries? No. They'll get plenty of snaking wiggle room to just equivocate and distract. These programmes will most likely be poorly chaired. (Hope I'm wrong, though.)

Get Dawkins himself to put the questions out, no guff:

damn I feel cheated :pac:

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Still assuming it is a piss take :P to be honest....

We'll see who listened and gets saved in the end, to be honest!

I'd post a smiley icon too if I thought this was a casual matter. I don't have the bl**dy strength, and most of these replies are disheartening to say the least.

Yep, we're all going to hell.

Shucks My Name Is URL, you got me. :D

Thanks for playing along everyone! You've been a wonderful audience. If you were fooled, nothing lost. If you saw through it early, give yourselves a round of applause!
    :)

But....but....who will stand up to the evil scientists now!??:p

• Advertisement

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

;)

save me jebus

jaykay74 wrote: »
    save me jebus

I was particularly pleased with mentioning "just a theory" and "science gone berzerk". Oh, and the Mary Kenny reference!

Nyuk nyuk nuyk! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

mike65 wrote: »
    The pope was a member of Hitler Youth, but most of his generation were.

Forest goes on fire and all animals flee cross the river. Elephant spots small bird filling his beak with water and flying over and over to throw the water over the fire. Elephant says 'are you crazy? No way you will put the fire out by yourself' Bird looks back and says 'well, I am doing my part. If everyone else tried also, maybe, just maybe....'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Heh, I honestly wasn't going to watch the Late Late until OP told me Prof. Dawkins was on.

Thx OP

This smart-arse guy of a theory-head will suit Tubbs down to the ground. Tubbs is a bit of a bookworm himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

I trust the studio audience will be more discrete than here.

Yes, they will be composed of separate individuals. (unlike that Stephard Dawking character)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Up on the RTE website now. The newly reformed Nolan Sisters are going to be on the show tonight. Further details:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0918/thelatelateshow.html

On the basis of this expect the other guests to be the usual whip round the RTE canteen of a Friday afternoon, cos they have no real guests. I knew I would be disappointed in Tubridy, but I have to say the guests that they have had for the start of a new season have about as much star quality as a wet sock. Very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Thanks for this thread Prophet :cool: some great bellylaughs throughout

although I knew it was a windup I was kinda hoping it wasnt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Nolans are hawt, admittedly I have 1978 in my mind.

Advertisement