Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Salthill Gym?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Is there a new leisure club opening in Salthill? I've heard there is but can't see where it'd fit. Using the gym in Leisureland but its full of big non-english speaking lads....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Nole

Don't worry, they're probably as scared of you as you seem to be of them. Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Upandheading

Far from scared, just dont have time to wait the half-hour til the four of them are finished using one piece of equipment....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Is there a new leisure club opening in Salthill? I've heard there is but can't see where it'd fit. Using the gym in Leisureland but its full of big non-english speaking lads....

Im english speaking and Irish, plenty of us in there too!:) RE new club, apparently there is a new Gym/Pool going to open in the Salthill Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sorry to go off-topic, but i've never had this problem in Leisureland. What time of the day do you be there at?

Thanks - might wander down there for a look tonight. Bad experience last night at the gym - thus the frustration!!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks - might wander down there for a look tonight. Bad experience last night at the gym - thus the frustration!!!!

Ah, I tend to go in the morning, place does be empty (And the pool too, perfect for a decent swim after)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The new pool in the Salthill Hotel is supposed to be very impressive. The owner is a serious swimmer and apparently took a great interest in getting it right.

churchview wrote: »
    The new pool in the Salthill Hotel is supposed to be very impressive. The owner is a serious swimmer and apparently took a great interest in getting it right.

Must check this out. You're theory is right about the owner wanting it right, esp since he lives accross the road from it :D

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Must check this out. You're theory is right about the owner wanting it right, esp since he lives accross the road from it :D

That's the guy. As he's so into sea swimming he may not even bother with his own pool though!

WOW - had a look at this place last night - very impressive! Some hotel manager showed me around but its not finished. TWO pools & THREE gym rooms, I'd say one of the pools is as big as leisureland's. No prices yet but due to open in 6 weeks.
    thanks for the tip Churchview!

• Advertisement

I'd say one of the pools is as big as leisureland's.

25m pool is whats intended i believe. personally i like Leisureland myself, JC pm me if your heading down to the gym one of the mornings il head in with ya. Dunno would Robbo come though, i think he is confined to the Sportsground!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

I remember from around a year ago that the intention was that most swim clubs would leave leisureland and use one of the pools, so I guess one would be for members and the other for swim clubs/training sessions.
    The initial talk was that it was going to be the most expensive gym in town, namely around €1000. That could change however since the economic downturn but one of the main aims was to be better than the Radisson gym, which wouldn't be that hard!

Steyr wrote: »
    25m pool is whats intended i believe. personally i like Leisureland myself, JC pm me if your heading down to the gym one of the mornings il head in with ya. Dunno would Robbo come though, i think he is confined to the Sportsground!:)

Sounds... kinda... uh... erm.... Dude, are you asking me out? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

do you go to the gym to talk to men?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Using the gym in Leisureland but its full of big non-english speaking lads....
    Ah the lads from the Ghaeltacht aren't that bad.

Sounds... kinda... uh... erm.... Dude, are you asking me out? :pac:

No:eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

churchview wrote: »
    That's the guy. As he's so into sea swimming he may not even bother with his own pool though!

Is the guy that owns it a Byrne by any chance? I've heard their setup is excellent if its the same guy.

googlefan wrote: »
    Is the guy that owns it a Byrne by any chance? I've heard their setup is excellent if its the same guy.

That's him.

Might pop out for a look at the new setup in the Salthill Hotel if it's complete, my membership in Leisureland has expired

Might pop out for a look at the new setup in the Salthill Hotel if it's complete, my membership in Leisureland has expired

It's rumoured to be very expensive, but I suspect prices might have to drop after a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I stuck my head in for a look in the Salthill hotel the other evening, the place was closed (around 9 pm), anyway it was all lit-up, the pools looks great, didn't see into the gym. It certainly has the look of an expensive gym :)

Sconsey wrote: »
    I stuck my head in for a look in the Salthill hotel the other evening, the place was closed (around 9 pm), anyway it was all lit-up, the pools looks great, didn't see into the gym. It certainly has the look of an expensive gym :)

Hmm, now that I think about it... regardless if it's great or not, if it's expensive and in Salthill it's prob gonna attract oul wans.... think i'll stick with the NUIG Kingfisher.... serious totty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Does NUIG Kingfisher do 'pay as you go' on the pool? Leisureland is fine - 40E a month for pool, but I'm tired of crossing town in heavy traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Have heard that there have been quite a few teething problems since they opened. Know of a few people who have joined; prices seem to be a bit over the odds but not completely extortionate; best value seems to be if you can afford to pay for the year in full; one friend did this + a bit of haggling and got a decent reduction.

Have heard that there have been quite a few teething problems since they opened. Know of a few people who have joined; prices seem to be a bit over the odds but not completely extortionate; best value seems to be if you can afford to pay for the year in full; one friend did this + a bit of haggling and got a decent reduction.

In NUIG or Salthill

In NUIG or Salthill

Salthill, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bulabus

The gym is amazing, got a couple rate for 105 a month and even though its quite a lot of €, it's worth every last cent and a big improvement from my old gym. The facillities are excellent with very spacious showers / changing rooms, good size lockers. Gym is fully equipped and very large, it overlooks the pool. All equipment have tv screens attached. There is the main gym room then there is a second gym just off it, also big in size which is geared up for more serious trainers / body builders etc. Your jaw will drop when you go in there, the place is huge! I'd say its well worth haggling on price, the staff there are very helpful and spent half an hour walking us through the whole place
    Big thumbs up overall :)

Interesting that both your posts are promoting something Bulabus:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bulabus

Interesting that both your posts are promoting something Bulabus:rolleyes:

Sorry, just spotted the thread and thought I'd give my twopence worth
    I've no connection with the gym, other than joining :)

• Advertisement

Bulabus wrote: »
    got a couple rate for 105 a month

How much were they originally looking for?
    Did you do a couple membership for 12 months?

I'd be interested in joining for 6 months, wonder what kind of a deal they'll do

Advertisement