Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

euinfo.ie and other spammers?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

On my house letterbox I have a clearly positioned sticker saying no junk mail or flyers. Generally this works well enough since I put the note up (70% reduction in crap).
    However, today, one of the anti lisbon Euinfo leaflet distributors chose to ignore my instructions and posted a leaflet through my letterbox. The camels back strained.
    I note that the anti lisbon campain seem to be the worst offenders, either the pro-lisbon treaty leaflet people either are not engaging in leaflet spamming or they are not putting out as much material.

Anyhow, I'm getting annoyed at this, so I logged on to their site and on their contact page I requested that they come back and collect their rubbish. I wonder if they will respect the will of a single Irish citizen? Ill keep you updated.

BTW, Anyone else have ideas on stopping ppl clogging up my letter box with tripe like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

NoSummer wrote: »
    Anyhow, I'm getting annoyed at this, so I logged on to their site and on their contact page I requested that they come back and collect their rubbish. I wonder if they will respect the will of a single Irish citizen? Ill keep you updated.

lol respecting the will of a Irish citizen

them posters are send by UKIP, 4th largest party in UK who want to pull UK out of EU, introduce death penalties, partition the north and other fascist policies :eek:

they are not elected or representing anyone here in Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

NoSummer wrote: »
    ...Anyone else have ideas on stopping ppl clogging up my letter box with tripe like this?

If this was AH section, I'd make a few suggestions but here, in all honesty, your doing the best you can do at the mo.
    I did similar with a sign on my letter box.
    The reduction in crap through my box was dramatic.
    (I wonder if the Green party could help! After all they would be helping to save trees!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 NoSummer

Yep I suppose that a reduction in leaflets would be an environmentally sound move and is one of my motivations.
    I rarely read any of these things. Anything with a return address gets a "Return to Sender" stamp and back in the letterbox.

Advertisement