Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC Maintenance Grant

Options
  • 17-09-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

When do we find out whether we have got it or not? I'm starting to get worried because I couldn't confirm in the application that I had started the PLC course(the interviews and registration werent until early september)so i had to send it in before the deadline saying basically that i was doing an interview for a PLC but wouldn't know whether or not I had got it for awhile.
    Around when should they be sending out the info regarding whether or not I got the grant?
    And should I now send them in some sort of confirmation that I made it onto the course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

Yes, send in confirmation of your course now. Be warned though getting your grant is a slow process, the first time I got mine, I didn't get my first installment until after xmas.
    Don't be afraid to ring them up to enquire if your application has been processed or to find out when you are likely to hear if your application has been approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Ok thanks. What way should I send in the confirmation do you think? Like should I literally just send them an envelope with a sheet of paper with my name on it and the sheet that says I got in? Or is there a more official way to send it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

Just go to admissions or administration in your college and ask them for a letter stating that you are a current registered student.
    TBH they probably do hundreds of these letters all the time. Generally speaking it should be done on headed paper and state your name, address, etc. your course title, year and duration of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Nelly2 wrote: »
    Just go to admissions or administration in your college and ask them for a letter stating that you are a current registered student.
    TBH they probably do hundreds of these letters all the time. Generally speaking it should be done on headed paper and state your name, address, etc. your course title, year and duration of course.
    Ok thanks.

Advertisement