Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In_tuition's weekly golf selection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

In_tuition wrote: »
    For anyone interested, you can catch my Open de Espana Paddy Power

Best of luck to anyone having a bet in either event this week.

Well as In Tuition has me on his ignore list for asking him why he doesn't post his results aswell as his tips i thought i may aswell do it for him

in the other gambling logs such as horse racing the lads kepp you up to date with the results good bad or schite

Spanish Open
    Garrido T17
    Oli Fisher MC
    Larrazabal T57

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

What age are you mate?

Give it over.

What age are you mate?

Give it over.

myofb what age i am,what's your point,you don't think results aswell as picks should be posted?
    just throw up 3 picks in each tourney every week and then when and if he gets a winner he gets all and sundry saying what a great tipster he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

From Heavyballs: "if he gets a winner he gets all and sundry saying what a great tipster he is"

My last post concerning anything to do with you :)

It's notable that you were the first person to respond to this thread and you continously attempt to stir it up. Well here's the last word for you.

Everyone, apart from you and thedini (another idiot), are the only two people who have an issue with this thread. I think that says something (considering the lengths he went to on wordpress to post stupid messages), don't you.

I have never referred to myself as a great tipster. I have always referred to myself as having great knowledge of the world of professional golf. I think that's a fair assumption.

I post my previews to help others enhance their golfing knowledge further. I post my own selections at the end of my preview, informing others of what I have put my money down on.

Again, you will never see one of my posts saying 'great tipster' etc etc.

People aren't worried what I bet on (apart from you it would seem). I think %99 of people who read my previews take the extra info on board when making their own selection, information that they may not have been aware of.

I enjoy using my wisdom to write about golf and Paddy Power are extremely grateful and happy to have me on board. As much as that upsets you, I will be continuing it for some time to come..

So as ValueSeeker said above - Get Over It.

Over & Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

It's notable that you were the first person to respond to this thread and you continously attempt to stir it up.

Think you were at the same **** yourself, under you're previous name Famous45.
    Remember you criticising other people's selections for no reason and saying they shouldn't post selections without posting up copies of their bets too.

Plus, this thread has been up for 8 months now, perhaps you should start including you're overall results?

• Advertisement

Verance wrote: »
    Plus, this thread has been up for 8 months now, perhaps you should start including you're overall results?

2009 results are on post 105.

If I feel like it I will post 2010 results at the end of 2010 but I won't be doing it just for you or other idiots :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Ah thanks, hadn't seen that post.

Perhaps you should just include your selections from this thread? But maybe that's just me being sinister. :P

Anyway, best of luck with it...

Verance wrote: »
    Ah thanks, hadn't seen that post.

Perhaps you should just include your selections from this thread? But maybe that's just me being sinister. :P

Anyway, best of luck with it...

Thanks.

Best of luck.

I enjoy using my wisdom to write about golf and Paddy Power are extremely grateful and happy to have me on board. As much as that upsets you, I will be continuing it for some time to come..

oh i'd say PP is delighted to have you on board alright,sames him a few quid on paying out as there are some goons out there that will back your selections

ps.i thought i was on your ignore list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

hi lads! new to the site, so go easy on me. well i enjoy throwing away a few bob on the golf every now and again. this week i think il switch attention to the european tour for a change! seriously thinking f throwing E5 e/w on this 6'1 195lbs 14 year old lad, domenico geminiani. 500/1. Apparently can drive it 300+ yards, although not 2 sure bout his accuracy off the tee. still impressive for a child! my logical side tells me gary maybin or rafa jacquilen!!! what yee goin 4?:eek:

• Advertisement

My preview is available here on Paddy Power for anyone interested.

One interesting factor surrounding this week's event is Tiger & Phil and the world number 1 spot.

A win for Phil combined with a finish outside the top 5 for Woods would see Mickelson ranked number 1 player in the world.

Best of luck to anyone having a bet in this week's event.

well i went 5ew on the 14 year old kid yesterday 500/1 n boylesports! i wanna see wat hes got. i also did e10 o/r winner on gareth maybin 25/1 n boylesports. looks like 'In Tuition':eek: was readin my mind a little bit, regards goin 4 gary maybin also. best f luck everyone.

well i went 5ew on the 14 year old kid yesterday 500/1 n boylesports! .

that's not bad odds on him making the cut:D
    I'm on A.Wall @70/1
    In the u.s i'm on Toms and Clark @100/1

ha! ha! yeah! i wont be suprised to see him +10 r +11 come tomorrow, but **** it, why not. i will however expect more from maybin! was gonna go davis love n d pga tour dis week, but ive been getn raped on that tour d last few weeks, so im gonna sit back from it this week.:eek:

i dont think that 14 year old lad is goin to make the cut somehow. not one f my better picks, me thinks. although maybin seems to be n a gud position. i am however now physicaly sick, as i type this davis love is =6 through 11 holes. at 150/1, this was not a good week to skip d u.s. tour. he down to 20's now. has anyone ever had a golfer n mind, then didnt bother backing him, and then he actually plays well???? ive lost count how many times thats happened to me now, not a good feeling at all!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

heavyballs wrote: »
    that's not bad odds on him making the cut:D
    I'm on A.Wall @70/1
    In the u.s i'm on Toms and Clark @100/1

well maybe instead of putting me on his ignore list in tuition could take a bit of advice on tips such as this,100/1,can't complain,new set of irons on the way,happy days

well maybe instead of putting me on his ignore list in tuition could take a bit of advice on tips such as this,100/1,can't complain,new set of irons on the way,happy days
    fair play man! congrats! i couldnt help myself so i went in on friday n backed davis love each way at 100/1 1/4 1-4. just watching the shot tracker on pgatour.com, my heart nearly gave out when glover snuk past after 29 foot and 49 foot putts on his last two holes, but gud old lee westwood and his big fat double bogey came to my rescue! ha! ha! ha! first money ive won since feb. well done again!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great picking balls
    well done man
    enjoy your winnings

only a begrudger wouldnt say well done btw

This week's golf previews available here on Paddy Power.

• Advertisement

seems to be gone quite on this thread lately! im on david duval e/w this week 125/1. im sure the stats suggest he's all over the place, but he's made slight improvements in putting lately and seems to be a bit longer off the tee as well, but given he'l prob miss the cut ive also gone e/w with bo van pelt 20/1! if that guy doesnt win soon, he'l explode!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

18/1 Jimmy walker Top 10 on Hills. Local man coming off the back of a good players championship. Great value.

i'm still on In Tuition's ignore list,so i'll keep posting here anyway and see if i continue my rich vein of form
    Have played this course myself 3 times,i think it's going to be tough to pick a winner here but i do beleive the cream will rise to the top
    The top few in the market are obvious choices (the 2 Hansens in particular)but a bit short for me
    It's not a tough course but scoring hasn't been great the last couple of years,i put this down to the normally average(very very grainy) greens
    As a result hitting greens in regulation will be very important and a good iron player should prevail at the end of the week
    Because he's Spanish and is good on grainy greens i'm going for GF Castano,ok he's not playing great at the mo but he's streaky if his putter gets going
    My other pick in the touney won't be untill Friday night

18/1 Jimmy walker Top 10 on Hills. Local man coming off the back of a good players championship. Great value.

Lovely price on Walker. Into 16's now.

I don't bet with Hills any longer so unable to follow you in. Nice heads up though.

Amongst others, Garth Mulroy at 28's is one of my top 10 selections this week.

Best of luck with your bet.

Going to create a thread from next week entitled top 10 golf betting.

Should prove to be a profitabe follow.

im not very knowledgeable on golf but ive gone for a
    small each way bet and an each way double on
    zach johnson and chris wood
    both 16s.

i might have a small bet on your sels heavyballs
    given your recent form
    fancy anything in the american one?

mailburner wrote: »
    im not very knowledgeable on golf but ive gone for a
    small each way bet and an each way double on
    zach johnson and chris wood
    both 16s.

If you want my opinion then each-way doubles aren't the best type of bet.

If one selection wins and one places, you win the place money only.

A larger single bet E.G. if you were punting €5 e/w, place €7 win double. That's how I approach those type of bets.

Good luck with your bet nonetheless.

i'm still on In Tuition's ignore list,so i'll keep posting here anyway and see if i continue my rich vein of form

I don't mind anyone posting on the thread. I stated from the start that all opinions are welcomed.

However, when someone starts to get personal and extremely immature then there is no way I would entertain that persons thoughts.

I have never once critised nor complained about any post you have made on this forum but for reasons, only known to yourself, you seem to have an issue with a number of my postings.

So until you continue to act in an immature and rude manner then you will be ignored on my behalf anyway, and probably many others also.

Good luck with your bets, hope you win again.

If you want my opinion then each-way doubles aren't the best type of bet.

If one selection wins and one places, you win the place money only.

A larger single bet E.G. if you were punting €5 e/w, place €7 win double. That's how I approach those type of bets.

Good luck with your bet nonetheless.

thanks

id be happy with a placed double anyday tbh
    or even just a placed single at itll mean a small
    profit.
    Getting a win double on golf is something i couldnt even imagine.

• Advertisement

just watching madrid collect their winners medals at the mo! good enough game! so anybody on the u.s. tour this week? who you guys giving a go? ne1's thoughts on david duval would be interesting. ive been waiting best part of a year and a half for that guy to break through.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement