Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In_tuition's weekly golf selection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 In__tuition

I'm still hopeful of an Ernie Els victory.

He has won 14 times when being within 5 shots of the leader entering the final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Something I have been thinking about for a while is backing the winner of the tournament this week the following week.
    And each week keep changing to the winner of the previous week.
    The amount of time it seems to happen over each season seems to be a couple times each year.
    What would your opinion on this be strategy be Intuition?

I'm still hopeful of an Ernie Els victory.

He has won 14 times when being within 5 shots of the leader entering the final round.

Another T-5 this week, this time with Ernie Els, a mere 2 shots off the winner.

Recent selection Leishman fired -12 to miss out by 1. One to keep on the right side in the coming weeks.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Something I have been thinking about for a while is backing the winner of the tournament this week the following week.
    And each week keep changing to the winner of the previous week.
    The amount of time it seems to happen over each season seems to be a couple times each year.
    What would your opinion on this be strategy be Intuition?

On the PGA Tour since 2005,it's only happened a few times. Tiger Woods was a back-to-back winner twice as was Phil Mickelson. Vijay Singh was the other who recorded 1 back-to-back win.

Since 2005 on the European Tour it's been done 4 times. Els, Kaymer, Sterne & Schwartzel.

Not for me.

PGA Tour remains in California this week and at the beautiful spectacle that is Riviera Golf Club plays host to the Northern Trust Open (formerly the Nissan).

The course will play a little under 7300 yards but emphasis won't be so much on driving distance, accuracy off the tee will define the winner of this event.

Like this week at Torrey Pines, the Riviera course plays with Kikuyu grass. There is 57 bunkers in play and no water hazards. So look for someone who performed well in the Farmers Insurance. Decent stats on scrambling from the sand will be an added benefit.

Riviera's signature hole is the 170-yard, Par 3 6th. It has a bunker in the middle of the green! If you find yourself on the wrong side of it, you must chip, or putt your way around the green to find the hole.

30 of the 50 winners at Riviera have also won a Major championship.

Phil Mickelson is seeking a hat-trick of back-to-back wins in this event.

Mike Weir is another two-time winner here.

Padraig Harrington makes his debut for 2010, in his first 2 starts here he finished T-3 and 7th, he failed to make the cut last season though.

K.J. Choi has a good record here, his best finish coming last year where he T-3. He's returned out of the wilderness this week to put in a decent showing at Torrey Pines. One to consider for this event.

Charles Howell III is a past winner here (2007). He too had a decent showing in the Farmers Insurance (-10). Has been in hot form in recent weeks and will be in contention this time round too.

Ernie Els won here in 1999. Great performance this week at Torrey Pines, missing out by 2 shots. T-3 in this event also in 2007. In 2 events this year he has finished T-12 & T-5. Giving his fondness for Kikuyu, his recent putting ability and scrambling around the greens, I expect Els to win this event. Hopefully grab 25/1 again this week.

More info in the coming days.

Ernie Els will be my main selection and possibly the only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

i'm going to relax on the e/w bets a bit this week,
    Although he has a bad record in this event 100/1 about a man who hits as many greens as John Senden esp on this course will do me.

Also i'm backing Stricker to win at 15/1(btw will be backing him in the masters again this year)

In Dubai it Ross Fisher and Oosthuizen win bets

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Reckon Marc Leishman and Kevin Sutherland is a good ew bet at 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I took 28/1 e/w about Sabbatini. Small bet for interests sake.

Not a bad start. Any you guys fancy him to win?

I think I ought to have done another novelty e/w double with the other Rory in Dubai

Nulty wrote: »
    I took 28/1 e/w about Sabbatini. Small bet for interests sake.

Not a bad start. Any you guys fancy him to win?

I think I ought to have done another novelty e/w double with the other Rory in Dubai

would fancy him a bit but looking at this stats you wouldn't be confident of a good day
    but tbh as we all know each day is different in golf,so you never know,as i already posted i backed Sticker at 15/1 so i'm looking good at the mo,

of the outsiders that havn't gone out yet today i expect Sutherland could have a good day,he played great yestday but couldn't hole a putt

Nice bet on Stricker to win for me,apart from that very bad,wonder what price Dustin will be to retai his title at Pebble Beach,i'll guess 18/1,worth a score

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twizzle

I noticed (on another forum) that In_tuition has a new golf blog.

Worth checking out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Twizzle wrote: »
    I noticed (on another forum) that In_tuition has a new golf blog.

Worth checking out :)
    Lol, so you set up yet another account, so as to let us know.

thedini wrote: »
    Lol, so you set up yet another account, so as to let us know.

lol
    it's funny how you never hear much from in tuition when his players have stinkers but you get plenty of posts with any sort of result
    also when you tip a winner just like i did with Stricker you get no comments
    i have said it before you can look at all the stats you want but most of these comps esp in the u.s end up being scrambling and putting comps,

i'm starting my own thread this week,mat aswell as i'm spanking in tuition most weeks

in saying that i do enjoy reading his reasoning for backing certain player

heviballs wrote: »
    lol
    it's funny how you never hear much from in tuition when his players have stinkers but you get plenty of posts with any sort of result
    i have said it before you can look at all the stats you want but most of these comps esp in the u.s end up being scrambling and putting comps,

i'm starting my own thread this week,mat aswell as i'm spanking in tuition most weeks

Intuition is banned from boards (according to the golf section and under his name on his posts). This is probably why no one has acknowledged your winning selection.

Intuition does a fantastic job. I've followed him lately on another forum (he put a link to here) and his insight is unmatched.

I don't think any of us would be shouting from the rooftops if we had a poor selection.

You (heviballs) are here now bragging of how no one responded to your winning selection (when you feel they should have) so you are saying the same thing you just said about Intuition. lol.

It's not only his selections. His previews of the tournament are a great guide.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

lol

You didn't "tip" him at all, you said you were backing him. No Reasoning, no nothing. You don't deserve praise for that. Get a grip.

x PyRo wrote: »
    You didn't "tip" him at all, you said you were backing him. No Reasoning, no nothing. You don't deserve praise for that. Get a grip.

thanks,you just reminded me i need a new grip for my driver,thanks:rolleyes:

a couple of regulars put up who they are backing every week,i'm one of those and if your saying i deserve no credit for saying i'm backing said player imo your being a bit unfair
    granted it wasn't the toughest shout but it was a tip as i do my own research and have discussed same on this forum for the last couple of years,
    you don't need to go into the finest detail,(in tuition has proved that doesn't work)i do basic research and it works from time to time,
    i also said last week that i fancy him for the masters this year,another free tip no charge

saf

It's not much of a tip without any reasoning to it. People won't back your "tip" if you're not backing it up with proper thought. You may have re-searched it for 4 months, but if you've put nothing down here to entice people to listen to your opinion then they won't back it, hence why you deserve no credit for posting it as a tip. It was your selection, which i say well done to you for picking him but it wasn't a tip.

It's not much of a tip without any reasoning to it. People won't back your "tip" if you're not backing it up with proper thought. You may have re-searched it for 4 months, but if you've put nothing down here to entice people to listen to your opinion then they won't back it, hence why you deserve no credit for posting it as a tip. It was your selection, which i say well done to you for picking him but it wasn't a tip.

if you said you were backing a player,i would have a quick look ,see the reason why if any and decide whether i wanted to get involved or not,fair enough it wasn't a tip, tips are for horses but it was my selection,that's why i backed it

if you said you were backing a player,i would have a quick look ,see the reason why if any and decide whether i wanted to get involved or not,fair enough it wasn't a tip, tips are for horses but it was my selection,that's why i backed it

And you won which is more important, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Intuition is banned from boards (according to the golf section and under his name on his posts). This is probably why no one has acknowledged your winning selection.

Intuition does a fantastic job. I've followed him lately on another forum (he put a link to here) and his insight is unmatched.

I don't think any of us would be shouting from the rooftops if we had a poor selection.

You (heviballs) are here now bragging of how no one responded to your winning selection (when you feel they should have) so you are saying the same thing you just said about Intuition. lol.

It's not only his selections. His previews of the tournament are a great guide.

ah comeon, so you are saying that you follow intuition on another forum, so you register on boards and post on here saying how brilliant he is when he is banned.
    You (intuition) must really suffer from an inferiority complex if you have to set up yet another account to praise yourself.(with no justification I may add, the reviews read well but at the end of the day they are losing selections and money talks.

• Advertisement

A lot of jealously around these parts.

Sad sad people :D

fwiw here are my bets(tips this week)

AT&t
    Dustin Johnson @20/1
    pretty simple choice,won last yeat albeit shortened event,playing very well,wasn't far off last week,this lad has it all

Avantha Masters
    Gareth Maybin @33/1,no course form to go on but i like his game,if he's in contention come Sunday he has the balls to win
    btw some great prices in this event considering the field,O Fisher 100/1,RJ Derkson 50/1,Marcus Frazer 40/1,recent form may go out the window given the lack of quality in this comp

Ace group Classic
    a lot of people will be backing Couples this week but i'll stick with the tried and tested,Langer for me(no reason needed)and Joey Sindelar @66/1 is overpriced for someone who was 7th here lasy year and isn't afraid to go really low(not in the T.Woods sence of the word)

You have Maybin posted at 33/1.

But on the golf forum you said 25/1.

Maybin is not 33/1 with any firms in Ire or UK or Betfair.

Smelling a rat all day. Looks like he's popped up.

You have also copied Intuition's choice for the Avantha Masters.lol.

You have also copied my choice for the Avantha Masters.lol.

Fixed your post IT. ;)

Fixed your post IT. ;)

:D

Why'd you get banned ?!.

You have also copied Intuition's choice for the Avantha Masters.lol.

say what you like my picks are all my own whether you beleive that or not doesn't bother me at all

Why'd you get banned ?!.

probably because he's short tempered and snappy pretty much all the time

• Advertisement

say what you like my picks are all my own whether you beleive that or not doesn't bother me at all

If it doesn't bother you either way. Why would you bother posting :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement