Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In_tuition's weekly golf selection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twizzle

heviballs wrote: »
    probably because he's short tempered and snappy pretty much all the time

You don't know the guy personally.

Making judgement on your (or someone else's) perception is inconsiderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well, this is weird.

I came back to have a read of the golf for the weekend and found some shit the writers of Eastends would commission.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twizzle

Nulty wrote: »
    Well, this is weird.

I came back to have a read of the golf for the weekend and found some shit the writers of Eastends would commission.

:confused:

You can read golf here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Twizzle wrote: »
    You don't know the guy personally.

Making judgement on your (or someone else's) perception is inconsiderate.

Jekyll & Hyde imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

if your looking for praise for picking a winner and you dont receive it

it is time to look for your ego boost somewhere else (church is a good place to go) tell them your god and you will be sick of the praise after a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭heviballs

Twizzle wrote: »
    You have also copied Intuition's choice for the Avantha Masters.lol.

well IT this sums you and your over inflated ego up,i have only in the last few minuted accesed your blog which to be fair looks well
    I'd appreciate it if you didn't acuse me of copying your bets,i have highlighted your lack of sucess in recent weeks so why would i copy your bets?
    That said this could be your best week in a long while,but hey if you pick a winner like i did last week don't expect any credit for it

heviballs wrote: »
    fwiw here are my bets(tips this week)

AT&t
    Dustin Johnson @20/1
    pretty simple choice,won last yeat albeit shortened event,playing very well,wasn't far off last week,this lad has it all

Avantha Masters
    Gareth Maybin @33/1,no course form to go on but i like his game,if he's in contention come Sunday he has the balls to win
    btw some great prices in this event considering the field,O Fisher 100/1,RJ Derkson 50/1,Marcus Frazer 40/1,recent form may go out the window given the lack of quality in this comp

Ace group Classic
    a lot of people will be backing Couples this week but i'll stick with the tried and tested,Langer for me(no reason needed)and Joey Sindelar @66/1 is overpriced for someone who was 7th here lasy year and isn't afraid to go really low(not in the T.Woods sence of the word)

looking good this week although Couples looks like he'll win the seniors.

In the At&T i had to have a saver today on Goydos at 11/5 but i'm a little worried about 1 from the pack shooting 8 or 9 under,hopefully Johnson does the biz for me,

This week i'm going for Cink in the matchplay,I think he's going to have a great year,and possibly may challenge for the Masters imo,backed him at 33/1 this week and at 20/1 with Boyles to make the final

In the other pga tour event in Mexico i'm backing the old timer Steve Elkington at 40/1,this course is one of the most scenic you'll ever see and requires accuracy off the tee more than anything,KJ is fav and should go well but 12/1 too short for me,

Anyone else any fancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Arazi1

hey In_tuition,

havnt seen your blog for a while - searched paddy power and the other blog page you mentioned before to no avail.

working too hard or am i just failing to find it?

Any chance Phil can find the magic this week in advance of masters. Still looking very rusty - the putting aint concerning me as much as the distance his chipping is off - the putting looks messy but he doesnt appear to be pushing shots like he was..

Must be time for Zach Johnson to put some scores on the card - this is his favourite month of the year? I'll be looking for some positive signs from him and Glover this week (if either are playing - havnt checked yet!).

Arazi1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Hi mate,

New betting blog is here on Paddy Power's

I had a bet (€20) on Louis Oos (20/1) last week but the betting preview site was down so no article was compiled :(

If you read my article for this week's Shell Houston Open you'll see that I have Mickelson as one to avoid. Bold decision on my behalf but my reasonings are highlighted in the piece.

Glover is on my view-list this week. I'll be taking note of his statistics on the PGA Tour Leaderboard along with some others.

Very disappointed that Casey's injury has returned. His record in the Masters is excellent along with his statistics. Had him pencilled in for a large bet next week.

I have a Masters piece up on Paddy Power from last week, just a little preview but check out the one next week. It will be full of in-depth stats on the leading contenders and some important information about the golf course, the weather and few other notable bits of info.

Best of luck for the week ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

In_tuition wrote: »
    Hi mate,

New betting blog is here on Paddy Power's

I had a bet (€20) on Louis Oos (20/1) last week but the betting preview site was down so no article was compiled :(

Best of luck for the week ahead.

your first win this year and no proof,that's a killer,lay Phat Phil and he's 2 off the lead
    i seriously think you should give up golf betting
    how much are you down in 2010
    well over a grand i reckon

welcome back in tuition
    i've no doubt you did in fact back Louis(thought about him myself),i will continue to chack out your selections
    but as we've discussed here many times all the stats and course form count for very little(most weeks)the winner is generally the 1 of the top5 in the putting on any given week
    that's why it's so hard to get the winers,from this week i'm going to back on Saturday(apart from the masters)
    this week would like to see Chad Campbell finish well for a change,seems to have lost it a bit lately,could be coming into form for another master challenge

heavyballs wrote: »
    your first win this year and no proof,that's a killer,lay Phat Phil and he's 2 off the lead
    i seriously think you should give up golf betting
    how much are you down in 2010
    well over a grand i reckon

Here's part of your proof. The other €10 was placed in a betting office.

golfcq.jpg
    It's not a killer, cause I don't give a fiddlers if you know that I have won or not.

I've no reason to give up golf betting? I enjoy it. I have a nice profit since I began betting on golf and I can afford to part with the money for each selection/'s each week.

Don't kid yourself that I'm down a grand in '10. I had Hunter Mahan to win the Waste Management Phoenix Open @ 20/1 for €15 on the final day (posted on my wordpress blog in advance). I have also recorded 5 top finishes with other selections which I have bet to finish in the top 10, each of them 5/1 or higher.

Perhaps you'll give up being an idiot now? lol

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Great to see you back dude and best of luck.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Great to see you back dude and best of luck.

Hi mate,

Nice to hear from you and thanks. I hope you are running well.

I am not back though, just to dust away a few cobwebs :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Running as well as one can expect. :D

You not hanging around ?. Never mind the haters, they are of inferior mental intellect. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

In_tuition wrote: »
    Hi mate,

Nice to hear from you and thanks. I hope you are running well.

I am not back though, just to dust away a few cobwebs :D

goodbye.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Running as well as one can expect. :D

You not hanging around ?. Never mind the haters, they are of inferior mental intellect. ;)

Nah not hanging about.

It's nice to be able to write what you know without having the odd clown making himself a bigger clown with comments.

Take thedini there for instance, he set up alias' (under the same account and IP's) on wordpress just to make a comment on my articles, rude ones by the way. I feel quite honoured actually, he he.

Good luck PyRo.

welcome back in tuition
    i've no doubt you did in fact back Louis(thought about him myself),i will continue to chack out your selections
    but as we've discussed here many times all the stats and course form count for very little(most weeks)

it's amazing how you ignored my more recent post above just to try to have a go
    are you really trying to say you've in profit since you started golf betting
    pull tother one will ya
    i can honestly say although i've had a few very big winners i'm well down and i'm better at tipping winners than you are
    also,i don't pick out about 6 or 8 possibles every week like you do who are invariably the selections posted on pgatour.com
    come on,be honest,

it's amazing how you ignored my more recent post above just to try to have a go
    are you really trying to say you've in profit since you started golf betting
    pull tother one will ya
    i can honestly say although i've had a few very big winners i'm well down and i'm better at tipping winners than you are
    also,i don't pick out about 6 or 8 possibles every week like you do who are invariably the selections posted on pgatour.com
    come on,be honest,

6-8 every week :D

More like 1 or 3 maximum. I think the most I have ever selected in a PGA Tour event is 4 and that's extremely rare.

I don't read the PGA Tour website for tips/selections or any other information for that matter. I use their website to view their leaderboard and shot-tracker - nothing else.

Enough said.

• Advertisement

My preview of the Volvo China Open & Verizon Heritage is now available on Paddy Power

Best of luck to anyone having a selection.

Zurich Classic of New Orleans

Ballantine's Championship

The above previews are now available on Paddy Power for anyone interested in knowing a bit more about the golf this week.

Best of luck with your selections.

Have a preview of The Players Championship on Paddy Power for any interested.

A more detailed one will folllow in the days leading up to the tournament.

how did your golfers do this week in tuition?

For anyone interested, you can catch my Open de Espana & Quail Hollow Championship previews on Paddy Power

Best of luck to anyone having a bet in either event this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Arazi1

Cheers for the link - as always I'll check out your thoughts on the course and the players involved. Hope you caught the Els winning streak earlier this year. You spotted him a number of weeks before he broke through and as a results he netted me my second win of the US pga season.

Might put your selections in some 72 balls match bets for interest.

Arazi1 wrote: »
    Cheers for the link - as always I'll check out your thoughts on the course and the players involved. Hope you caught the Els winning streak earlier this year. You spotted him a number of weeks before he broke through and as a results he netted me my second win of the US pga season.

Might put your selections in some 72 balls match bets for interest.

You are welcome mate :). Hope you enjoy the read.

Good luck with your match bets ;)

Arazi1 wrote: »
    Cheers for the link - as always I'll check out your thoughts on the course and the players involved. Hope you caught the Els winning streak earlier this year. You spotted him a number of weeks before he broke through

lol,spotted Ernie Els hey

how did your golfers do this week in tuition?

why don't you let us know how your various golfers got on every week,any winners this year?

• Advertisement

well at least i proved my point:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement