Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion: what server?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

interesting.

spatalos/gorgos?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive read some rumours a lot of russians plan on hitting spatalos but who knows? It was only a forum post afterall.
    Ofcourse nothing is certain but its worth chatting about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Spatalos it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

News post today on the aion site directing eng speakers to Gorgos so I put a char on each.
    Personally Id perfer to play on Gorgos as the Polish eng speakers are being directed there too.

Interestingly enough I was able to make an elyo on spat and an asmo on gorgos, thought I read somewhere you had to pick one or the other. Maybe just server by server

Where you see this news item Peetrik?
    All i see is this news item http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/the-aion-communitys-server-choices-1.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Well I won't be playing on Gorgos as Role Players are being directed there also and I wouldn't be able to deal with that type of people.
    Greeks most of the time refuse to speak English so that's Spatalos ruined as well.
    Reckon I'll stick with Perento as Norwegens are generally a very cool bunch of people to play alongside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yeah thats the link I was taling about, Europe english speakers.

Actually I quite like the roleplay aspect for Gorgos, gives you a whole new aspect for your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Quoted for lazy people:
    Danish - [ENG] Spatalos
    Dutch - [ENG] Gorgos
    Finnish - [ENG] Perento
    Greek - [ENG] Spatalos
    Hungarian - [ENG] Spatalos
    Italian - [ENG] Telemachus
    Norwegian - [ENG] Perento
    Polish - [ENG] Gorgos
    Portuguese - [ENG] Gorgos
    Spanish - [ENG] Castor
    Swedish - [ENG] Perento
    Czech + Slovak - [ENG] Telemachus
    Lithuanian - [ENG] Spatalos
    Turkish - [ENG] Spatalos
    North America - Role players - [East] Lumiel
    Europe - Role players - [ENG] Gorgos
    Germany - Role players - [GER] Balder
    France - Role players - [FRA] Vidar
    Seems to be rather alot of groups heading to Spatalos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I'm Elyos on Spatalos.

As predicted, "Asmodan" is the most popular race. Going to be fun being the underdog.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Memnoch wrote: »
    I'm Elyos on Spatalos.

As predicted, "Asmodan" is the most popular race. Going to be fun being the underdog.

its ok bro, im on your side on this one ;)

• Advertisement

its ok bro, im on your side on this one ;)

cool. should be fun. I have a couple of friends also joining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 glid

I'm Elyos on Spatalos.

Asmo might be the most popular with early access players.

Instead of playing the opposite side on the same server, it might have been an idea to play the opposite side on another server so people can create a character on both sides and play with boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yes i thought the same,
    I thought most people were rolling asmo on perento :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

I have no problem playing against boardsies:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Originally we were going Asmo on Parento, but we changed it once the server listings came out. Now we're all spread across a few servers/sides from the looks of things.

Drakar wrote: »
    Instead of playing the opposite side on the same server, it might have been an idea to play the opposite side on another server so people can create a character on both sides and play with boardsies.

I'm much more casual a player than I used to be, I don't think I really have time to play more than one char for the forseeable future.

Well,
    The game hasn't started yet. It's easy enough to create new chars if people want to.

Go go Elyos on Spatalos lads. Stop being part of the "cool kid" crowd. :P

I like to avoid the kiddies that tend to flock to the shiney factions.
    Im sure Asmo will have its fair share too but it always seems more so on shiney factions in MMOs in my experience.

When do the servers go live? Working till 7pm anyway, just wondering.

• Advertisement

20:00 (GMT)

dang, im working til 9. im sure there'll be server overloads then, so it'll be fine when i get home :p

Dcully wrote: »
    I like to avoid the kiddies that tend to flock to the shiney factions.
    Im sure Asmo will have its fair share too but it always seems more so on shiney factions in MMOs in my experience.

I think that's true in America. I think kids flock to whatever seems "cool."

In the states that's the shiney, "good side."

Over here it's the badass, "cool lookin" side. Asmo will be filled with wannabe, 'i'm such a badass,' pwnsters.

I'm much more casual a player than I used to be, I don't think I really have time to play more than one char for the forseeable future.

I was just suggesting offering people the option, instead of picking the opposite side on the same server which forces people to choose one set of boardsies or the other.

So, when do we think we'll actually be able to login? I'm think i'll try once or twice around 8pm, then wait till around 10pm to try again.

515/1243 queue, 37 mins to go.

/sigh

3001/3001, 4 hours 10 minutes:pac:

Not sure i'd want to play with this many people in the starting area, even with 10 instances.

Now the waiting game...... or something more constructive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I have been playing for the past hour, got disconnected a few mins ago now I'm getting "You cannot connect to the server because there are to many users right now "

Bollux anyways I was one bar from level 6

Screw this, hopefully when the rush in Spatalos is over i can give it a go tomorrow, otherwise i'm changing server, i'd rather play with a bunch of filthy russians than not at all;)

• Advertisement

Screw this, hopefully when the rush in Spatalos is over i can give it a go tomorrow, otherwise i'm changing server, i'd rather play with a bunch of filthy russians than not at all;)

I tried to make a char on another server just for somethign to do but all are full with similar queues.

Advertisement