Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion: what server?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yawn this pre launch que system is a great idea now we all just have to stay in the que till the game goe's live in a week ! and we can play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Yawn this pre launch que system is a great idea now we all just have to stay in the que till the game goe's live in a week ! and we can play.
    Much better to have a queue rather than have a few hundred people attempting to get for example the same basket of fruit.
    Its annoying, but perfectly understandable. At least when standard editions start to join we'll be all out of the starting zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Didn't get to play at all last night, hopefully will be better this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Well I can't get on any server at the moment as my game has somehow switched to some jibby jobby Asian language and I can't figure out a way to change it to English. It just changed after it updated itself.
    That and it's also popping up virus alerts, I know they're false positives but ffs, they got rid of gameguard and now I'm getting virus alerts from the aion.bin file - with all the worry about keyloggers and viruses, especially from Asia, you'd think they'd have some cop on. Not impressed at all.
    By the time I get in the game all the servers will be full.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Did you try to change region in the launcher?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

By the way, switched to Telemachus, everyone speaks english and seems to be a pretty helpful community buzz going. No more insane queues either!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm really enjoying it. Very polished and havent had any problems at all so far. Really liking the Ranger class as well.

I ended up on castor its the only server i could get onto with out a 5 hour que :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

aye... i got on instantly at lunch... but my at half 8 this evening

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/f26c9a1c8dfaddc8ef069e8c06b8a2137931d884.png

• Advertisement

2 1/2 hour queue now, and its only 2pm. **** sake.

I give up on splatos i cant handle a 4 hour que , Il be on castro anyway easy to get onto , name's redrock-asmo if anyone else sets up shop there gimmy a pm or say hello or dont who know's !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm on Castor Elyos. Havent had any queue sionce launch. Laughing at everyone else with their 2+ hour queues....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have taken to using logmein to kick off my queuing from work, logged into home at 3pm, started Q'ing, eta 7pm............

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

same here.

By the Way, as a result of the Queuing, some communities have left Spatalos. The communities and servers below are from the aion site:
    Danish - [ENG] Perento
    Dutch - [ENG] Gorgos
    Finnish - [ENG] Perento
    Greek - [ENG] Telemachus
    Hungarian - [ENG] Spatalos
    Italian - [ENG] Telemachus
    Norwegian - [ENG] Perento
    Polish - [ENG] Gorgos
    Portuguese - [ENG] Gorgos
    Spanish - [ENG] Castor / [ENG] Gorgos
    Swedish - [ENG] Perento
    Czech + Slovak - [ENG] Telemachus
    Lithuanian - [ENG] Spatalos
    Turkish - [ENG] Spatalos
    North America - Role players - [East] Lumiel
    Europe - Role players - [ENG] Gorgos
    Germany - Role players - [GER] Balder
    France - Role players - [FRA] Vidar

Ivan wrote: »
    I'm on Castor Elyos. Havent had any queue sionce launch. Laughing at everyone else with their 2+ hour queues....

Id be on castro but i found out its going to be the server russians decide to take over and kyubi the evil bastard cousin of mine insist's on playing on spatlos so im sitting in a que for a few hours :(

bleh fook this **** im going back castor any asmo ppl decide to ditch the long que's im on there as redrock , going to be a chanter.

there wouldnt be much of a problem if it wasnt for those gob****e AFK private stores :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Went for Castor as Elyos too, queues nothankyou

there wouldnt be much of a problem if it wasnt for those gob****e AFK private stores :mad:
    The problem is that people are doing the private stores because of the queues. Its making it worse, but they wouldnt be doing it if there were no queues. I've done it myself a few times, as i refuse to queue for more then 2 hours twice/three times a day.

Thanks, none of the quick fixes were any help so I guess it's a complete uninstall and reinstall for me. :mad::mad::mad:

I would've cancelled the game but for the fact I'd paid 6 months up-front via paypal as I honestly thought the game had some hope. Really not impressed at all with this and the lack of support or even a quick patch to fix this stupid problem of having to play in bloody Korean, but no...

I'd also prefer to play on the US servers at this rate as at least I'd be guaranteed people would speak English but my serial seems to be tied to Europe :(
    As it stands now, I really don't know what European server I'll end up on when I do eventually get to play as most of them sound like they're full and all sorts of nationalities are chopping and changing servers. It'll be gamebreaking for me if I have to end up playing on servers with barely any English speakers. I want to play on English speaking servers with English speaking people, however UN-Pc that might sound.

• Advertisement

Having played for quite a bit over the last two days, i've barely seen any non-english speaking people on Spatalos. They are there, but there are specific channels for different languages, with English being the default. So its not a big problem.

Well I'm in now eventually, on Spat server, Nehaxak (priest/cleric/whatever you call them). Didn't take that long to download the whole lot again, gotta love UPC and their borked up fast download speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I switched to castor Elyos as well.

Playing a priest name - Perseverance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Castor for me too,

still had a 2hour queue the other night.
    which was not nice as I was trying to get some playing time in before
    I went raiding in Lord of the Rings online, By the time I logged into Aion I
    only had 5 mins before my other games raid! Hopefully it will improve
    once the servers balance.

Hopefully my friends will be able to join Castor in the future when things settle and
    they increase caps or offer transfers etc.

The game on release is more enjoyable than beta.
    This is my main,
    http://uk.aiononline.com/livestatus/character-legion/search?charID=67036&serverID=33

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Im the new server Elyos now. No queues.

Beez is my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Castor - Mage - Roisinn
    Spatalos - Priest - Cuchalainn

add me if your own them seems to be millions of ppl flying about the place. done my first bit of business tradded a scout a great dagger for a mage tome...

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Spatalos - Priest - Ventrecas
    Spatalos - Cryos - Warrior

Feel free to Add

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Changed to Castro

Priest - Arista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 saber00

Elyos Gladiator on Castor -Aevall

feel free to add.

Maybe get an irish legion going?

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the people above hae left the game at this stage.

Advertisement