Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternative to Eircom for business

• 17-09-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

What is a decent alternative to Eircom for a med sized business. We are using a 7mb Business broadband which has a lot of contention. We are considering going to MPLS which is significantly more expensive. But because I am going through the same exchange will I get much benefit. Is there anythign wirelss or sattelite that I can use as a complete alternative. I use a hosted service for a critical application and am afraid that sattelite will not work because of lag.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If your in an unbundled exchange you can get BB provided by one of the LLU providers. Smart/Magnet/ (BT/Vodafone)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Don't think it is unbundled, how do I find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Check your number on the LLU operators' websites. That will tell you what you can get.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

ROS123 wrote: »
    What is a decent alternative to Eircom for a med sized business. We are using a 7mb Business broadband which has a lot of contention. We are considering going to MPLS which is significantly more expensive. But because I am going through the same exchange will I get much benefit. Is there anythign wirelss or sattelite that I can use as a complete alternative. I use a hosted service for a critical application and am afraid that sattelite will not work because of lag.

Where are you living?

Advertisement