Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City on Google Earh

• 17-09-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,633 ✭✭✭✭

Its amazing why our city does not feature on Google Earth. I did hear that the street view will feature Waterford Soon but When ???.

Street View is Amazing By the way

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I can't wait for the street view to come online, its going to be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

I Agree im Excited about it Coming to Waterford and Other areas in the County! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Google Earth is pretty rubbish for most of Ireland - you'll notice there are strips of higher definition imageing which cover all the cities except Waterford bar the eastern edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

mike65 wrote: »
    Google Earth is pretty rubbish for most of Ireland - you'll notice there are strips of higher definition imageing which cover all the cities except Waterford bar the eastern edge.
    To me, it looks like they meant to get the city but missed

No, they were getting Kilkenny and happened to get the Dunmore road as well. Why?
    Cos they think Kilkenny town is a city and Waterford City is a town*

*tinfoil.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I heard it was because anytime they snapped Waterford it was overcast.

I'd believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx don't need google maps. flick between 2000 and 2005 ortho maps, see what the neighbours have been up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

No, they were getting Kilkenny and happened to get the Dunmore road as well. Why?
    Because Google is in Mountain View and Viewmount is on the Dunmore Road? :) Perhaps it is obscured for national security reasons?

Regards...jmcc

The truth is out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

The truth is out there
    Or deep in the depths of NSA headquarters. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

If i'm not mistaken i've seen a car going around Waterford taking pictures with a 360 degree camera before, a 09 reg car, perhaps it's google?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

2Bv¬2B wrote: »
    If i'm not mistaken i've seen a car going around Waterford taking pictures with a 360 degree camera before, a 09 reg car, perhaps it's google?
    Thats be Google Street View. Theyve been at it for months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

markok84 wrote: »
    http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx don't need google maps. flick between 2000 and 2005 ortho maps, see what the neighbours have been up to.

Nice find. Really interesting to compare to growth along the Dunmore Road over the years.

According to the maps Tesco Ardkeen wasn't even built in 2005. Surely that can't be right can it? I always thought it was around for at least 5/6 years no? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

markok84 wrote: »

Was looking at those maps the other day. Obviously they're not up to date as Waterford Crystal is still there :D

Nice to see the ORR in progress on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Daysha wrote: »
    Nice find. Really interesting to compare to growth along the Dunmore Road over the years.

According to the maps Tesco Ardkeen wasn't even built in 2005. Surely that can't be right can it? I always thought it was around for at least 5/6 years no? :confused:

You must be looking at it wrong. I can see it.

Advertisement