Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Treaty reintroduces the Death Penalty..

Options
  • 17-09-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

This is a strange turn of events eh? I havn't seen much about this anywhere else apart from an article or two.

How the f**k can anyone really accept this. Considering rioting, civil disobidience and civil disruption and criminal acts are all qualifiers for
    the death penalty. How do you decide if someone has the right to live?
    Murders seem to think they have that right. And only murderers.

So if Ireland even trys to introduce the Death Penalty - then essentially the
    Government and all its supporters [of the death penalty] are dirty, rotten murderers who believe they have that right.

What will you do if it comes here?

EDIT: Note that I have mentioned IF quite a lot - and that I have ONLY read it in one or two articles - and that this is clearly and obviously just speculation ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

No it doesn't. There's a whole thread on this issue in the EU forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why must both sides make this a massive bed of lies of deceit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why must both sides make this a massive bed of lies of deceit.

Aye.

At this stage, I'll just be glad when its all over.
    I've heard some right rubbish from both sides.

Ànd worse still, in the case of unborn children, they're making the death sentence compulsory.

No to forrinners killing Irish people and our babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Lisbon Treaty reintroduces the Death Penalty.

Good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Alex-Face

Ànd worse still, in the case of unborn children, they're making the death sentence compulsory.

No to forrinners killing Irish people and our babies.

I believe its 'foreigner' either way - I am pro abortion for rape victims and for women who are in the sex trade in other words - pregnant through a situation that isn't in their control. I am not for abortions for stupid teens or drunk nights out when people just have a lack of foresight or just plain idiocy.

Either way - Aborting babies before the brain is fully formed - shouldn't matter - its as alive as your skin or bacteria on your tongue. There not even babies - but calling them babies does make abortion sound more sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Lisbon Treaty reintroduces the Death Penalty.

Do you honestly believe Brian Clow(e)n is willing to take that risk?
    He's already gonna need a bodyguard for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Alex-Face wrote: »
    I believe its 'foreigner' either way - I am pro abortion for rape victims and for women who are in the sex trade in other words - pregnant through a situation that isn't in their control. I am not for abortions for stupid teens or drunk nights out when people just have a lack of foresight or just plain idiocy.

Yes because stupid drunken teens and one night stands with a stranger offer a much better environment for a child to grow up in :rolleyes:
    Either way - Aborting babies before the brain is fully formed - shouldn't matter - its as alive as your skin or bacteria on your tongue. There not even babies - but calling them babies does make abortion sound more sinister.

It shouldn't matter to you what a woman / couple want to do anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Dinner wrote: »
    No it doesn't. There's a whole thread on this issue in the EU forum.

right here

@Alex-Face

stop spreading fud

and read the above linked thread

you either deliberately trying to spread a clear lie or you dont know what the hell you are talking about

eitherway it puts yourself in bad light

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

If it did I would vote yes.

but it doesnt so I would vote yes anyway, just in hope its in their someplace! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

murfie wrote: »
    If it did I would vote yes.

but it doesnt so I would vote yes anyway, just in hope its in their someplace! :p

its not if anything the EU is highly anti death penalty

The European Union (EU) is opposed to the death penalty in all cases and has consistently espoused its universal abolition, working towards this goal.

http://www.eurunion.org/legislat/deathpenalty/eumemorandum.htm

anyways more in the thread here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Alex-Face wrote: »
    What will you do if it comes here?

Simple - Offer you up as a guinea pig as anyone with this level of stupidity should be hung drawn & quartered!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

A thread with more misinformation. To be perfectly honest, I wish they would bring back in the death penalty. Too many bleeding hearts like muppet Patricia McKenna in this country, guys like Gilligan and all those Limerick thugs should be given the bullet, regardless of their socio-economic background.

But lies like this are what helped Ganley (now a proven liar) mis sell the Treaty the first time.

A thread with more misinformation. To be perfectly honest, I wish they would bring back in the death penalty. Too many bleeding hearts like muppet Patricia McKenna in this country, guys like Gilligan and all those Limerick thugs should be given the bullet, regardless of their socio-economic background.

But lies like this are what helped Ganley (now a proven liar) mis sell the Treaty the first time.

Okay so I read an out-dated article - woops - Plus I wasn't claiming it as fact, I clearly stated that this was something I had just read and was asking WHAT IF! it was introduced...

Hardly misinformation.

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    right here

@Alex-Face

stop spreading fud

and read the above linked thread

you either deliberately trying to spread a clear lie or you dont know what the hell you are talking about

eitherway it puts yourself in bad light

:(

Ugh - stfu - I am not trying to spread a lie and I had clearly stated that I read this in an article - so excuse me ye'dumb f**k if you don't take the time to read a post.

Apologies for teh double post - but I'm too tired to care >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Alex-Face wrote:
    Okay so I read an out-dated article - woops - Plus I wasn't claiming it as fact, I clearly stated that this was something I had just read and was asking WHAT IF! it was introduced...

Hardly misinformation.

I'm afraid it's hard to tell the difference immediately between the honestly uncertain and those spreading misinformation. I don't doubt your honesty, and I presume this thread has now run its course.

Can people be a little less hair-trigger, perhaps? Also, more polite.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement