Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for speed shift ?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Who'll be getting this then ?

I was a huge fan of Gran Turismo 1 / 2 and thought GRID was excellent.
    As the owner of a 360 Gran Turismo isnt there anymore....

But ...i've 1 or 2 questions.

1. Is it worth buying ?

2. Is it worth buying a steering wheel for ?

3. Why have racing games (NFS/GRID) done away with 2 player split screen ??!!..."don't believe dis !!"

There's the Gametrailers reviews, looks lovely
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-need-for/55937

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I wont be bothering with it. Looks nice alright but its in the mould of Dirt. The new Forza is mouth watering with the addition of 29 Ferrari's announced. But I dont have a 360.....:(

Really Im looking for something more simulation based - I still play Richard Burns!

This looks like a big improvement on old NFS's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Forza Motorsport 3 is the game to get if you liked GT. They're both proper simulators while GRID was an arcade/sim game and i think the new NFS is an arcade game. I find most NFS games are only good for a short while and they get boring fairly quickly, and i'd say the same for GRID. I only played those 2 games for a while and went back to Forza. Even though I've had Forza about 2 years, I still play it a lot.

Forza 3 is out in October and i will definatly be getting it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

NFSS is actually good!

Agricola wrote: »
    I wont be bothering with it. Looks nice alright but its in the mould of Dirt. The new Forza is mouth watering with the addition of 29 Ferrari's announced. But I dont have a 360.....:(

Really Im looking for something more simulation based - I still play Richard Burns!

This looks like a big improvement on old NFS's though.

Apparently(if you read the reviews) it's meant to be more Sim based then Arcade....wouldn't put it past EA, FIFA has come on leaps and bounds.

The reviews have been great so far, i'm hoping for a demo first as i'm not a big racing game fan....last game i enjoyed was Colin McRae on the PS2(Co-Driver:Easy Left etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Apparently(if you read the reviews) it's meant to be more Sim based then Arcade....wouldn't put it past EA, FIFA has come on leaps and bounds.

The reviews have been great so far, i'm hoping for a demo first as i'm not a big racing game fan....last game i enjoyed was Colin McRae on the PS2(Co-Driver:Easy Left etc...)

Yep, Colin Mcrae started it off for me too. Thats why I like R Burns, its very similar. I hate the way Codemasters has gone for the lowest common demominator with Dirt, the whole Americanised thing sickens me. I wish they'd stick to doing pure rallying and get the WRC license. But i spose wheel to racing with dune buggys is what the majority of people want....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr Web

(PC ver) NFS Shift is definately a very Sim-based game and it looks absolutely sweet. Just check the difference in the track SPA and compare it with GRID (which I love) track SPA...

The Graphics are really nice and the gameplay is pretty good too. Id say get hold of a copy of this if your a race fan, but its definately a resource-hog... I'm running a Q6600, 4Gb RAM with a GTX285 SSC (Vista 64) and it dips from about 45-60 FPS on MAX settings

Nice and challenging too... Easily the best NFS (imo) by a long way

Advertisement