Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS feed - ful text

Options
  • 17-09-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi - I have no idea where to post this - but I reckon that people on this thread will know!

I have an Ipod touch and I regularly use RSS feeds. I want to read the Irish Times on the way into work - and I have subscribed to the RSS feed (I sync before I leave and then it is all there for me). However - unlike a lot of RSS feeds - the Irish Times is not a full text feed (ie) I just get the headline and have to click into it to read the rest. But - as I can't go online when I am reading it I can't.

Can anyone let me know if there is a way to get the full feed from the Times website? Would Yahoo tubes work? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Well you could have it download the page that's linked to for viewing and then load up that.
    If possible parse through it to get the actual news rather than showing the full page, with broken scripts, links and stylesheets due to not having internet access.

Edit: Wait, I assumed since this was in the programming forum that you were wondering how you could program this feature into an application, reading your post again looks like that might not be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

I use the app called byline which syncs with google reader rss feeds. It also gives you the option to cache complete webpages so that they can be viewed offline. Its around 4 euros but for me its been worth it and makes the commute go by very quickly

Advertisement