Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh/Raw Horseradish in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to find fresh or raw (presumably...) horseradish in D1/2?
    I know it's an ugly little root of a thing and have checked and enquired with bunches of asian and polish fresh food grocers to no avail. Needless to say none of the chains do it either!
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Any good greengrocer should be able to get it for you. Our greengrocer (Tralee) has it available on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,444 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

most supermarkets sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Can I suggest that you buy a pot plant? I have seen it for sale in Atlantic diy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cleansheets

It grows very quickly and easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

I'm pretty sure that Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer Street sell it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think I'll buy the pot plant.

I did actually look for it. Was running errands around town so had time to shop for it. May be common in some supermarkets, but apparently not in any in the city centre :P

Thanks for the Ex St tip too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 apricotnelli

Mortons often have it in Dublin 6. I have got it also from a delivery service I use Home Organics www.homeorganics.ie but you would have to ask them to order it in in advance.

To be honest though I find I am usually looking at most of what I buy and dumping it two weeks later, you may be better to just use preserved

Advertisement