Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor coverage in waterford?

• 17-09-2009 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi guys
    can anyone enlighten me on the coverage for meteor in waterford city? paticularly the dunmore rd! thinking of switching to meteor but want to make sure coverage is good before changing networks!!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

never had problems when I was with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

All Networks pretty much offer full coverage in Waterford City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

my signal was fine when i lived on the dunmore road, not the best where i live now on the old tramore road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

sarahc1981 wrote: »
    hi guys
    can anyone enlighten me on the coverage for meteor in waterford city? paticularly the dunmore rd! thinking of switching to meteor but want to make sure coverage is good before changing networks!!!:rolleyes:

not great after you come down the hill after the hospital..To be honest it’s very hard to make/receive calls most of the time. My work phone is with 02 and I’ve no problems with it. I’ve changed phones a few months ago and the problem is still there. My girlfriend who’s with meteor has the same problems and also my sister who lives close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

michellie wrote: »
    my signal was fine when i lived on the dunmore road, not the best where i live now on the old tramore road
    That's interesting because Meteor installed their own mast just past the Halfway House (on the hill behind the pumping station) a few years a go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

In my household we've got vodafone, O2, 3 and don't have problems with coverage. However when I had a meteor phone the coverage was dreadful and incited intense fellings of rage in me.

I'm on the Dunmore Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

I've actually just moved to Meteor and have found the reception to be as good as 02 so far (living in Ardkeen village), and in fact it is vastly better than O2 where I work. I think when meteor started out their reception was poor but I believe they have invested a lot of money in their networks over the last few years. I guess there will always be certain areas where one will be better than the other though.

Also have to mention that the difference in price between O2 and Meteor was considerable (on a bill). So its so far so good for meteor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

AdMMM wrote: »
    That's interesting because Meteor installed their own mast just past the Halfway House (on the hill behind the pumping station) a few years a go!

really? yeah that is weird, it works ok when im upstairs, or standing by the cooker...drives me nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 nyquist

rayc wrote: »
    I've actually just moved to Meteor and have found the reception to be as good as 02 so far (living in Ardkeen village), and in fact it is vastly better than O2 where I work. I think when meteor started out their reception was poor but I believe they have invested a lot of money in their networks over the last few years. I guess there will always be certain areas where one will be better than the other though.

Also have to mention that the difference in price between O2 and Meteor was considerable (on a bill). So its so far so good for meteor!
    I live in Ardkeen Village also and my coverage was extremely bad.

My old phone broke mid November and I was with O2. I shopped around for a good price for the N97 and Meteor had the best. Meteor also had nice price plans. It sounded to good to be true.

Unfortunately i found the coverage very iffy out in house in Ardkeen Village. I spent most of time on calls when I was in my house saying "can you hear me now" I eventually found that if I stand upstairs by the window i got 1 bar and I had to hold the phone at a certain angle.

When i talked to other people who had meteor they claimed they had bad coverage ever now and again around the city. I was under the impression that if anything the city coverage should be 100% and that the countryside could have dodgy coverage.

I rang Meteor customer service to ask them could they get an engineer to check the local mast where i live and the guy on the phone told me I would be better off returning the phone and cancelling the contract while I was still in the 14 day cancel no hassle period. So I did, I brought it back to the shop I got it from, cancelled the contract and got my money back. I heard a rumour/hersey that Tesco have a blocker in place because Tesco Mobile works off the O2 network. I dont know if there is any proof to it or not.

I went back to O2 and got an iPhone. I rarely have no signal problems with O2. O2 price plan is not the best BUT the signal coverage is far superior and more stable that meteor.

From observation and talking to others O2 and Vodafone are the only two companies that have the best reliable coverage in Ireland. Three, meteor and others are not worth it in my opinion, unless you are willing to accept bad signals at regular times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 daithibaru

I used work for Meteor and they paid for my bill and everything but had to get a second sim card on O2 because the coverage on the dunmore road is gone terrible. And no network will guarantee indoor coverage, it's not in the terms that they guarantee it, so couldnt cancel the 12months. Least I'm not paying for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 nyquist

daithibaru wrote: »
    I used work for Meteor and they paid for my bill and everything but had to get a second sim card on O2 because the coverage on the dunmore road is gone terrible. And no network will guarantee indoor coverage, it's not in the terms that they guarantee it, so couldnt cancel the 12months. Least I'm not paying for it
    Well I can make phone calls and talk to people without saying "can you hear me now" on O2 in my house sitting down watching TV. So even though no network can guarantee indoor coverage O2 and Vodafone seem to be able to most of the time.

My dad left Vodafone to go to "three". They are just as bad as Meteor with bad pockets of signal coverage at random places. He can't wait for the contract to expire to flick back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 daithibaru

nyquist wrote: »
    Well I can make phone calls and talk to people without saying "can you hear me now" on O2 in my house sitting down watching TV. So even though no network can guarantee indoor coverage O2 and Vodafone seem to be able to most of the time.

My dad left Vodafone to go to "three". They are just as bad as Meteor with bad pockets of signal coverage at random places. He can't wait for the contract to expire to flick back.

3 are terrible full stop. Great for the little gimmicks they had about 2 years ago which are out of date now. My O2 coverage is perfect for calls, but for some reason texts take forever to send/recieve and they said they fixed it but still the same

Advertisement