Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look at my hair and tell me what you think- hairdressers?

• 17-09-2009 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Whattosell

Got a full head of highlights two weeks ago today and this is how my hair looks.

I've never experienced this before and even the day I left the hairdressers I thought my roots looked really dark but wasn't really sure because of the way it was styled.

What do you think?

Comments

2 weeks ago? either you have extremely fast growing hair or they didnt do their job properly

not sure what you can do 2 weeks later though :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That happened me recently. I had it done by students, and they either didn't use enough developer, or didn't leave it on for long enough. How dark is your hair naturally? How long did they leave the highlights in for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Whattosell

I'm not sure how long it was left in for but it seemed a long time- I was in the hairdressers for over 3 hours! It wasn't students, it was my usual hairdressers and I've always found them quite good. It's a country town salon and I paid 130 for colour, trim and blow dry. It's so bad I nearly feel like I should be getting it done again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I'd give them a ring and explain, there's no way you should have that sort of regrowth after a couple of weeks. If you explain nicely but firmly they may sort it out for you for free, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

That happened to a friend of mine before,and it wasnt with students! the highlights started about an inch away from the actual roots! I know you can't have them too close to the roots or the dye will bleed however I think you need to go back in. Im sure they have a record of your appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I got my highlights done about 10 days ago and they're only a cm at most from my scalp and I have particularly fast growing hair.

If it's your usual hairdresser she should have no problem sorting it out for free for you. Better to sort it out and maintain a happy clientel than send them packing, leave them unhappy and lose business. Plus, if it's your usual hairdresser she should a) Remember you! and b)know you're not just chancing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Whattosell

Well I've been going there over the last couple of years so I know they'll know me, and they have an appointments book anyway.

Does anyone know though if my hair is going to be damaged by getting it done again?

Plus it's the time too- I'm a working mother of two young children- it's not like I have 3 hours to spend getting my hair done whenever I want. I'd have to take a half day off work and I don't have much holidays left. And the thought of sittng there for three hours- the one who's made a complaint!

Advertisement