Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Eat.ie

• 17-09-2009 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used this service yet?

So far I'm finding it pretty impressive.

At the moment they only have 4 restaurants/takeaways for waterford -

Lombard St. Takeaway
    Riverwalk Kebab house
    Coney Island pizza
    Blue Jade Chinese

You register your details and then you order away. You save favourite meals etc. When you order it then connects with the take away and they confirm your order and give you an ETA.

When the food is prepared, you then get an email saying that the food is on the way. Apparently you collect points the more times you order to redeem against gifts etc as well.

My food hasn't arrived yet...but so far I'm impressed with the service. Looks like someone had a good idea, and developed it well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The mail I got:
    We have received your order, and it has been instantly confirmed by the restaurant.

Your order was supervised by a Just-Eat employee.

If you have any changes to your order, please contact Lombard Street Take Away via phone 051857089 as soon as possible.

Should there be a problem of any kind between you and Lombard Street Take Away, we would very much like to be informed about it. You can use this link: support

You can also call us - tel.+44 208 731 2637 (Customer Care)

Link to your receipt: click here

Enjoy your meal!

Kind regards

Just-Eat.ie

They have a live chat function on the site too

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

let us know when your food arrives.

Will do. They just rang me to get directions to the house. I don't mind that cause I live in a fairly new estate that's like Area 51 in that it's not on any maps...

Ok, first annoyance but not about just eat...it's the take away. When they rang i gave your man a detailed description of where i lived. Now someone else has rang looking for the same info.

food's here..

• Advertisement

Ok, I didn't want that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

didnt want what??? the food or service???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

takeawayfood.ie does the job for me

SUNGOD wrote: »
    didnt want what??? the food or service???

The food. Service was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Hmm think ill pass on using that.. you sell it so well!

• Advertisement

It was a great service...

I'm not a fan of takeaway food...snack boxes etc...but I had an urge for one tonight. I remembered why I didn't like it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Whatever happened to looking up a number/menu of a resturant/take away and putting in the order directly yourself? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

shapez wrote: »
    Whatever happened to looking up a number/menu of a resturant/take away and putting in the order directly yourself? :confused:

that is so 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

So, 2009 is the year of the "middleman" then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

I used this site on Friday and didn't think it was great.

I picked out a Chinese place, put in my address, order details, credit card details etc.. it totalled it up including 1.60 delivery which was fine. then 10 mins later I got a call from an operator asking me to confirm where my address was then told me it'd actually be another €4 for delivery cos I was a bit further than their delivery area. I thought that was a bit crap so I cancelled the order.

If they want to charge you more depending on where you live, they should have it added in when paying.

Where are you living?

Dublin 9 - dont want to go into too much detail if thats ok!

But your problem is with the restaurant rather than the just eat service?

well not really, cos the website told me the deilvery was €1.60. they prob need to add a drop down feature to select the different delivery charges based on area. like area A, B, C - €1.60, area D, E, F - €4 ??

Advertisement