Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons Poor Online Ordering.

Options
  • 17-09-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hello.
    I would like to ask if anyone has ordered anything online from Easons. I ordered a book on 23th of August, and have not heard anything from them despite sending two emails to them to ask for an order update. I did reach them by phone to be told the order should be ready on 10th of September. Still nothing recieved and no communication from them. Is this treatment common? or am I an exception?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eason's online shop is shameful - ring them and tell them if they don't process a refund today you'll be doing a chargeback onto your credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Was this placed through that horrible Buy4Now website? That really is a terrible collection of mediocrity. You'd have to wonder if there really is anyone at the other end at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I only ordered 1 book from them ever (because they were the distributors for it, not available on amazon etc) and it went OK but overall their website and search engine is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 shift4311

Thank you all for the replies. I did order from Easons.ie direct. It is for my sons birthday so do not want to cancel. I have just got off the phone and it appears I might have it next Friday, but I really dont think so.
    Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I needed two books, it was a toss up between amazon.co.uk or easons.ie

I went for easons because I thought the book would arrive more quickly from Dublin than England.

But I checked my order ref and it says "awaiting stock" or similar for both of the books FFS there was no indication on their site that they were on backorder.

Their email address is a blackhole, blast it I should have learned my lesson from two years ago when a friend cancelled his order and got a book elsewhere, only to have the easons one arrive 2 weeks later and have his card charged, I think easons.ie just don't read their emails? He was going to send that book back but it was bulky and he'd thrown away the packaging... hastle... no time for post office etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

shift4311 wrote: »
    Thank you all for the replies. I did order from Easons.ie direct. It is for my sons birthday so do not want to cancel. I have just got off the phone and it appears I might have it next Friday, but I really dont think so.
    Regards.

You've still not got it?!?
    I'd suggest amazon.ie (free shipping over £25) and play.com (free shipping on everything) in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cabaal wrote: »
    You've still not got it?!?

Check date...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I ordered a book from Easons during the summer. After nearly two months it still hadn't arrived. Then I got an email telling me they couldn't find my address so to contact them to arrange payment of a second delivery. The book only cost €10 so at that time I decided just to leave it. I wasn't paying for a second delivery because they couldn't find the house, especially as it took two months for them to send it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 shift4311

Sorry for the late reply but I did receive the books not too long after the date in my last post. I received an email to say they had been dispatched. My problem was the lack of communication before this email.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

I look in on Easons now and then. But I've never found a book on the Easons website that I couldn't get at least 40% cheaper on The Book Depository. I try to buy Irish, but there are limits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

I ordered a book off them yesterday and got an email a few minutes later saying the book was out of stock and would be a few weeks before I got it. The site should have told me that it was out of stock and that there would be a delay in delivering it...just like Amazon, etc does. That would have done me the courtesy of deciding whether to order and wait for it, or to try order it on a site where it is in stock. Easons definately way behind the competition on the online ordering front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I ordered one book off them a couple of years ago. They emailed me two days later to tell me it was out of stock and they were not going to order it again.

Advertisement