Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question

• 17-09-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.. Couldn't see any better topic to put it in.

My mother wants to know what you would put on ivy roots to stop them growing after the rest of it has been cut?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Probably quite a stong weedkiller! I find it is the most rampant of weeds in my garden and certainly a pest to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mellickricky

you can drill holes in the stump and fill it with petrol.....heard it works......you can also get this powder stump rotter stuff in garden centre...same principal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

you can drill holes in the stump and fill it with petrol.....heard it works......you can also get this powder stump rotter stuff in garden centre...same principal.

PLEASE NOT PETROL.:eek:
    It's Diesel that's used and it is usually mixed with a Brushwood Killer (available from any Woodies, Atlantic Homecare type store).

Advertisement