Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english (mh114)

• 17-09-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

Registered today, got timetable. I was marking all my lectures and I can't find En151 on timetable! This is a module called Critisism and Research. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Doesn't seem to be posted up on the NUIM website at all. But, if memory serves from my 1st year, it's in 12PM Mon and 12PM Wed in JHL1

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Yeah noticed that too and we've to start on monday so it's a bit of a stupid mistake.. although i'm supposed to do modules in french that aren't on timetable because they're actually tutorials so maybe it's in tutorial form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

En151 wasn't a tutorial last year...

JBoyle4eva is correct in the times he said. Maybe email someone from the department.

Louliewan: When you hear in French lectures that you can go get your tutorial times (some time this week or next week) go as quick as you can! I got stuck with crappy times last year.

Already did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

I asked somebody from student services on thursday about this & there seems to be a misprint on the timetable. EN151 is a seminar & the problem will be sorted out next week. Just go to your other english module on monday or whenever & if the lecturer doesn't mention it go talk to them after the lecture. Though it's probably still advisable to keep checking the timetable on NUIM's website for the next few days in case they sort it out before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Thanks everyone for the advice, was starting to panic:)

Okay, I'm veeerrry confused now... According to other first year arts students EN151 is actually printed as EN171 on the timetable? I really don't know how true this is.. louliewan, is EN171 one of your other modules? I know it's not one of mine, but I'm only doing english as part of MH101, so maybe you have more modules than me? TBH I have no idea where to be on monday!!

People in the Arts omnibus don't have 171. I don't know how this would be possible since I do French and the modules clash with 171 but maybe it's only some of the 171's that are in fact, 151.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

I am doing English MH114, not through Arts,so I will be doing extra modules(171,172). 151(I believe) is done through tutorials. I am not too sure though, will ask on monday.

Okay thanks guys... bad enough being new to NUIM without having these mix ups! Hopefully it will all be sorted out this week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

One of the first year English courses (criticism & research) will be taught in small groups, beginning next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Maggie.23 wrote: »
    One of the first year English courses (criticism & research) will be taught in small groups, beginning next week.
    Yeah, that's EN151 EN150. You pick your seminar group on moodle. It opens tomorrow morning. I love moodle.

Advertisement