Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short shorts with leggings

• 17-09-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

This is something I'm unsure about. I've seen some girls wearing little shorts with manky looking cheap tights and they look like trash to be honest. On the otherhand I've seen some girls wear darkers tights and even leggings with shorts and they look great!

What's your verdict? Trashy or cute?

Can shorts with leggings look good? 18 votes

No, they're as trashy as hell!
    0% 0 votes
    Yeah, if worn properly they look great together
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I'm planning to buy a pair of black shorts to wear with tights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

I like the look with tights - especially as a casual look with coloured tights. I think it looks a bit ridiculous with leggings, I haven't seen anyone wear it well anyway! Jeggings are even worse under shorts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm planning to buy a pair of black shorts to wear with tights.

Haha me too, saw a deadly pair in A Wear today and that's why I posted this thread! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

They could also be worn with type of half legging/tights things. You know the ones they sold before leggings really took off. I guess they are kind of like winter tights, thicker and darker than normal tights so the black doesn't look washed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I always wear shorts and leggings...I abso hate the look some girls try pull off, with short shorts and those manky thin tights...I'll only wear dark leggings or good quality dark thick black tights with short shorts...

I love short shorts...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

With tights yes, with leggings no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

Avenuegirl wrote: »
    I like the look with tights - especially as a casual look with coloured tights. I think it looks a bit ridiculous with leggings, I haven't seen anyone wear it well anyway! Jeggings are even worse under shorts!

I love the look of shorts with leggings. Jeggings doesnt actually look that bad with shorts if worn right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

i wear black leggings and shorts, looks good, but never NEVER any other type, not sequences, not wet look, not pvc not animal print... black...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I really hate leggings they are the most uncomfortable horrible looking things ever :mad:

BAN THEM WITH SHORTS

are you for serious?! Leggings have to be the most comfy thing ever!!! =D

tho i do think there should be a size limmit...

• Advertisement

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    are you for serious?! Leggings have to be the most comfy thing ever!!! =D

tho i do think there should be a size limmit...

haha yeah i seriously hate them,i wore them once and the feeling in the middle was horrible :(

Agreed on that and someone should give style advice to alot of people who wear them :D

ohh deffo, like i feel huge wearing leggings sometimes and im a 10! So i dunno how larger people do it cause im smal like!

i saw weird leggings the other day, wet look, snake skin one leg was red and the other blue... it was just too much

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    ohh deffo, like i feel huge wearing leggings sometimes and im a 10! So i dunno how larger people do it cause im smal like!

i saw weird leggings the other day, wet look, snake skin one leg was red and the other blue... it was just too much

Yeah i have seen some big women wearing them and sorry to say scruffy ones to lol
    That in itself i hate them along with that uncomfortable feeling :D

Oh they sound tacky :eek:

I am sure you wear them well though girl :)

oh im sure i dont :P but isnt doing yer own thing about accepting you prob wont look well hahaha!!! =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Honestly - I really don't like that look. Tights with shorts just looks silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

i really like that look but personally i'd go for a dark pair of woolen tights coz other ones can look a bit weird (and cold). i usually wear mine with a bright shirt or cardie so i don't look too drab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

leggings with boyfriend jumpers or cardigans - real comfy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hmm the poll ended up as even! Suppose I may just decide myself if it's a good look or not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

I'm a size 16 & regularly wear leggings with above the knee dresses/tops and I take offence at those comments about those larger ladies shouldn't wear them...........

Any girls that wear leggings and tops/cardigans that don't cover their bum look a state, and I'd rather see a size 16 lady wearing leggings/tights with a nice tunic/dress, than see a size 8 girl wearing leggings & a top that doesn't cover her arse!

Even if I was a size 6, I wouldn't be seen anywhere in shorts & either tights or leggings. I think it's silly. Little skirts and tights/leggings yes, but shorts are meant to be worn as shorts! Not with anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Saw a girl at 2 bus stop in her late teens and i can honestly say Eww *shivers*

She had black shiny tights and short shorts that literally left half her ass there. I mean literally you could clearly make out her ass and the shorts were a light material so stuck up her ass :eek:

• Advertisement

Special K wrote: »
    I'm a size 16 & regularly wear leggings with above the knee dresses/tops and I take offence at those comments about those larger ladies shouldn't wear them...........

Any girls that wear leggings and tops/cardigans that don't cover their bum look a state, and I'd rather see a size 16 lady wearing leggings/tights with a nice tunic/dress, than see a size 8 girl wearing leggings & a top that doesn't cover her arse!

Even if I was a size 6, I wouldn't be seen anywhere in shorts & either tights or leggings. I think it's silly. Little skirts and tights/leggings yes, but shorts are meant to be worn as shorts! Not with anything else!

Sorry girl i was apart of that comment,it wasn't intended in the way you took it.I was referring to larger women and skinny women who are scruffy and wear them in awful way.
    I am personally a hater of leggings in all forms just never took a liking to them,
    No insult was intended to larger ladies who dress well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't mind shorts with nice tights at all but I would never wear shorts with leggings. That's just a personal thing though, I'm not saying it's wrong. I only think leggings are wrong when worn with a t-shirt that isn't long enough to cover the ass!!

Advertisement